New Years Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Resolutions

#1) Until my mill is operational, I will not start any new shop projects that don't directly relate to getting it operational.

#2) I will not bid on any ebay items until my only remaining debt is the mortgage.

#3) All machine related purchases will be by cash, or if by credit I will pay before the next cycle date.

#4) I will add either oxy-acetylene AND bandsaw capability or Tig capability to my shop in 2004...leaning toward the gas and bandsaw. Maximum of $2000 for the 2004 shop budget.

#5) I will complete my engine buildup by June 2004, with an April 2004 actual target date.

These are my 2004 Shop Resolutions...Wish me luck! How about you?

I resolve to find out what in the hell a Aluminum Hexasphericon is and what it's used
    for. Oh yeah, and grovel for a raise too.
    Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

i plan to work with the tools i am getting for christmas nonstop until 2004. for some reason i don't think i am gonna make this one though.
      Does anyone actually read siglines?

Comment

I'm with you there...just thinking about the set up to machine one makes my head hurt.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chief:

I resolve to find out what in the hell a Aluminum Hexasphericon is and what it's used
        for. Oh yeah, and grovel for a raise too.
        </font>

Comment

I really need to quit smoking..I have been smoking for 18 years now..Sorry for being a little off topic, but I need help..That is my only new years resolution..

To all you younger people, i.e. shed machinist....Don't be an idiot like myself, and start smoking...It will grab hold of you and not let you go....Machining should be your only addiction...

brent

Comment

bspooh-

Go to WalMart and get some nicotine gum.
            ( WalMart house brand is the cheapest and works just a well as the high priced brand )

I haven't had a cigarette in over a year and a half- and that was after 40 years of smoking!

Comment

I resolve that we all need to live happier lives, that we all should spend more time with our families, to clean up our messes behind, mostly all of those chips we produce.

I especially resolve that we help each other to learn more about our craft.

Happy Holiday,

Jerry

Comment

A long time ago I resolved to never make a New Years resolution. I have kept it.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I resolve to make no more resolutions!
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

1 Jan 1978 I resolved to quit smoking. Took me until 3 Feb before I finally took the last puff, but haven't missed 'em since.

My point is: if your desire to be a nonsmoker truly exceeds your desire to smoke a cigarette, then stick with it and don't get discouraged just because you slip up once or twice or even several times. The thought that I remember clinging to and pulled me thru was a statement my Daddy had made years earlier when he quit: "There's NOTHING in those cigarettes that your body absolutely HAS TO HAVE."

[This message has been edited by lynnl (edited 12-09-2003).]
                    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement about Smoking...This will be my only EVER new years resolution...

brent

Comment

Must try and find the floor again.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

bspooh, hang tight buddy! I was smoking three packs a day over twenty years ago and boy, figure out how much money I have saved. Sure will buy a lot of tools and not to mention how much healthier I am today. My best friend never could quit and has had his third heart attack. They did a five bypass surgery and he still smokes.
                          Michael

Comment

I kicked the habit after 30+yrs,
                            Quitting doesn't hurt as much as cancer/heart attacks. I was close to Emphysema(sp)
                            At that time my old neighbor died, throat cancer, his loutish son inheirated house, (mid 30's) He was smoking straight Camels,
                            much coughing, hacking simply did't get the word I guess.

Comment

Look on the bright side, PSD. Soon the lout will die off and maybe someone normal will buy the house. I quit smoking last year after, well, since 1968. Used the patch. Got 1/2 way thru stage 2 when I got tired of buying those overpriced patches and just quit. Seems to me if you want folks to quit smoking then make patches cheaper than cigarettes. Duh. As for MY New Year's resolution??? Never made one before, why start now and mess up a good thing? But seriously, folks, I resolve not to hurt myself on any of my tools this year (Rigggghhhhhttttt).

[This message has been edited by bdarin (edited 12-09-2003).]

Comment

Working...
                              X