I have a job!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a job!!!

After 7 months of hunting, and 4 months of unemployment, I finally have a new job!

I will be writing control software for Atomic Force Microscopes. This is a dream job for me, and a career change I should have made years ago. Sometimes you just need a kick in the pants to make a change.

I start on Monday.

-Pete
    I just like to make stuff.

Cool, Now tell us what the hell an atomic force microscope is
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Congrats!
      Still looking for that dream job myself ....glad you found yours.
      If you are using violence and it does not work, You are not using enough or it is upside down.
      You can always just EDM it...

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Moons
        Cool, Now tell us what the hell an atomic force microscope is
        It is a probe style microscope (not optical) that uses the atomic force interaction between a stylus and the sample to measure the surface. Among other things - I understand there are many applications. I believe the field of view can be as small as 80 nanometers across. Really looking forward to learning more.

-Pete
        I just like to make stuff.

Comment

Congrats!

Eagerly waiting for new discussions on DIY atomic force edge finders and surface roughness measurement equipment.
          Mike
          WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Working for FEI?

Comment

Well good for you and great to hear some good news in this day and age.
              Paul A.
              SE Texas

Make it fit.
              You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Ok, Now get a hair cut!

I bet it feels good to be facing a challenge.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Selling any to the Chinese and Indians????

Regards Ian.
                  You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

I used one of those in college quite a bit. I found it very interesting but the faculty at my school joked about it a lot referring to it as the "poor school's electron microscope."
                    "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Working...
                    X