Multiplaz a good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaakko Fagerlund
    What do you mean by part? It works with electrolysis, nothing more and nothing special.
    Would be nice if you stated the actual facts, not wild assumptions. It is not a hydrogen/oxygen torch using electrolysis. I don't endorse the machine and it looks like they deliberately leave out a lot of info on their website, but this is a type of plasma torch. They mix water and alcohol (or other hydrocarbons), it gets flashed into steam and an arc is used to generate the plasma. Very similar to a plasma cutter but steam rather than compressed air. The idea has been around a long time. Don't know why it has not been a commercial success. Developed in the Soviet Union I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Bob Again
      Would be nice if you stated the actual facts, not wild assumptions. It is not a hydrogen/oxygen torch using electrolysis. I don't endorse the machine and it looks like they deliberately leave out a lot of info on their website, but this is a type of plasma torch. They mix water and alcohol (or other hydrocarbons), it gets flashed into steam and an arc is used to generate the plasma. Very similar to a plasma cutter but steam rather than compressed air. The idea has been around a long time. Don't know why it has not been a commercial success. Developed in the Soviet Union I think.
      Well, funny then that in the actual video (welding copper) they load it up with ordinary tap water and a flame comes out.
      Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

I found the patent for it. US Patent 6087616.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=XfM...epage&q&f=true

Basically it is a plasma torch that uses water vapor as the plasma gas. The surround of the plasma chamber is a porous material fed with water. The heat from the pilot arc vaporizes the water. Looks like pilot arc current controls the water vapor pressure, guessing the "mode 1" setting, and mode 2 sets the transfer current.

So I was wrong, it is pretty much like an ordinary plasma welder just with a liquid consumable gas.

Comment

Originally posted by macona
          I found the patent for it. US Patent 6087616.
          Patent 1892325 (1932) "Means for converting the electric arc into an elongated flame". Inject steam into the arc and make something that looks like a flame. They've improved the technology but the basic idea is old and there are lots of similar patents.

I don't know why the multiplaz people try so hard to hide what this thing really is. Maybe they think more people will buy it if they think it's really new and it's magic. Makes me less likely to consider it. Anyway, it costs like 2 grand. Having to drop the torch in a bucket of water when you're done doesn't inspire my confidence.

Comment

So how good is vaporised water/alcohol as a shielding gas anyway?
            Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

EcoWeldor?

So what happened to EcoWelder? He said he would answer questions. He never came back.

I wonder why he doesn't come on here and clear up some of the mystery.

Does snake oil salesman come to mind?

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

He was violating the no selling/spam policy, and the first eco welder was a women working as a spammer type joining forums and posting their addy and facebook pages.

It was originally from Mother Russia by way of China,
                the following is from a guy in OZ that bought one and is trying to figure out if it is worth it and if he should sell all his other equipment. He is on a welding forum and been posting a running account of his use of it.

The fact that I am able to do the welding so far using just the 240 volt 10 amp supply is quite an eye opener as the unit is designed to go 15 amps.

The jury is still out on the Tig mode for lighter work, and I haven't had a test for alluminium or stainless yet.....coming next time.

If'n I can get the unit to do credible welds on Ally and stainless I'll seriously consider selling up the other units.

I'll post some more as soon as I get some more done....so far it's 7/10 in favour of the transition.
                At this moment in time I'd have to say that doing delicate work like thin steel plate or alluminium and stainless is going to take a bit more practice to get the method right....early days yet, so no letting the Tig, Mig, Stick and Argon set-up go for a while yet.
                Ian.
                Glen
                Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

For any that may find a complete manual of the multiplaz 3500 in downloadable PDF click on the manual icon

And for additional info those that have a subscription to the home shop machinist magazine, and have received the current issue the distributor in Cal is an advertiser in the magazine.

My widget for the country of origin for my browser shows that it is from Mother Russian Federation ,Ip 194.190.200.142

So it is from Russia by way of China
                  Glen
                  All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

EcoWelder

Hi guys,

I am sorry I've been very busy recently. I just wanted to let you know that I am not some snake oil salesman. EcoWelder is my company and we are specializing in innovative solutions in metalworking. We started out with Multiplaz 3500. Although, I am not an engineer and do not have detailed information on the operational process of Multiplaz 3500 I personally know the developers of this product. Here is my suggestion: please list me all of the question you have to this date and I will forward them to the engineers who will gladly provide answers and I will post them here.

Also please be advised that we have a blog on facebook where some of our customers posted their feedback in regards to Multiplaz 3500. I recommend anyone interested to visit it.

Best,

EcoWelder

Originally posted by Black Forest
                    So what happened to EcoWelder? He said he would answer questions. He never came back.

I wonder why he doesn't come on here and clear up some of the mystery.

Does snake oil salesman come to mind?

Comment

There was some discussion on WeldingWeb during the summer. WW Member
                      soutthpaw has some comments in post #44.

There are some comments from others regarding background of the device.

Comment

If you want the straight skinny on the unit from somebody that has one. Bought one and has put it through the claims and gives what appears to be an Honest comments it works good on heavy thick stuff the thin delicate not so good. multi plaz

And why do you keep trying to say this is something new Ecowelder the previous version of the it was on the web for about ten years I know I have had a bookmark about it for at least 7 years that I can find.

This model may be a new version
                        Glen

Comment

Working...
                        X