Polar Bear Series & Green Grizzly, what is different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polar Bear Series & Green Grizzly, what is different

What is the difference between the white polar bear series and the green grizzly machine tools line

I don't really know, but I found this article pretty straightforward on the subject:
    http://www.woodmagazine.com/blogs/wo...-bear-in-town/

Comment

Interesting, same thing yet lower price, sounds too good to be true. I need a large dust collector and was not sure what series is better. Do you know of any USA made ones that have the same foot print as the grizzly?

Comment

Bear [pun intended!] in mind, I'm just google-ing. This thread seems to sum up the various lines of reasoning all on one page: http://lumberjocks.com/topics/18914 As far as I can tell, there is plenty of speculation, but the first link I posted is the only one I find that has anything from the source.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I know next to nothing about dust collection units. I've just been a little curious of the Polar Bear thing too ever since I received their flier for such a month or so ago.

Comment

White paint must be cheaper!!!

Comment

Or maybe they are trying to bump off Jet, which has a paper product
            line not dissimilar to Griz, but good luck finding a dealer with more than
            a fraction of it available.
            Steve

Comment

Which dust collectors are you looking at? I have an Oneida cyclone and it works very well, made in NY State.

http://www.oneida-air.com/

Comment

I need something to pull out Acrylic chips, we are milling a very large number of parts from acrylic and it fills up the VMC very quickly. My thought is since those chips are similiar to wood chips a "wood" type collector should work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mbensema
                  Which dust collectors are you looking at? I have an Oneida cyclone and it works very well, made in NY State.

http://www.oneida-air.com/
                  Thank you, I just ordered the mini gorilla with the can and stand. I looks like a winner, and all USA made. If you ever get to Indiana dinner is on me.

Comment

I can't say id ever wanna buy a white machine.. how do you keep it (looking) clean???
                    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Our Haas machines are white, its not too bad keeping them clean. Just tell everyone to wash their hands before touching it and don't lean on it or rub against the sheet metal and scratch the paint with your belt buckle when going inside.

White insides are the only way to go because the light bounces around, our old Sabre was off white/tanish and was always a little on the dark side.

Comment

Looks nicer than the Grizz Green, that is the only difference. Guess Papa Grizz liked the way his South Bends looked so much.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                          Thank you, I just ordered the mini gorilla with the can and stand. I looks like a winner, and all USA made. If you ever get to Indiana dinner is on me.
                          Glad I could help, I am very happy with my cyclone. What part of IN do you live in? I like steaks

Comment

North East. Fort Wayne has several steak houses, a couple good Italian and an excellent mexican restaurant Cebolla's.

Comment

Looks like I'm not the only one that hated that green that they slap on everything.

I wonder if they'll take my G4003 in trade???

Comment

Working...
                              X