Nature never intended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GKman
    Thanks for the praise from you all. I do have 3 James Krenov books in my library but my attempt is more monkey see - monkey do. He CREATES.
    Well, he's possibly not doing too much creating these days. Unless it's for the Big Boy!

Comment

I'm gonna steal the concept and use it someday. I'll produce a custom line of ergonomically curved barstool seats. I'll claim it as an original idea. I'm gonna be rich...RICH, I tell ya! (rubbing hands and chortling evilly).

OK, maybe not. (I get a little melodramatic at times)

Krenov and Maloof have not lived in vain. I think both would approve of those stools. Thank you for showing both the process and the product.
      Last edited by Gravy; 03-04-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Very nice! That's one I have not done, though I've done several similar things with the table saw. One of the more exciting things in my life is when I find I've come up with a method to achieving a goal, and it works. In my shop, that's very often something to do with the table saw, and to a lesser extent the milling machine. Pivot point milling has been good to me- closely related to using a rotary table. More and more I find myself roughing out something on the table saw, prior to milling on it, and I now can square up the end of pipe up to 2 ft diameter on the table saw (not steel pipe though). Innovation- indespensible skill enabling survival of the species-
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

I see there are a few other woodworkers ( or at least name dropers)
          on this board. :-)
          ...lew...

Comment

Originally posted by Lew Hartswick
            I see there are a few other woodworkers ( or at least name dropers)
            on this board. :-)
            ...lew...
            Lew I don't do any at the moment as there's only so many hours in the day, but it's how I got into machining. I keep my subscription to Fine Woodworking however and once things settle back down again look forward to picking up a plane again. Sometimes I prefer the organic nature of woodworking ... besides there's often better "fudge factors" in that field

Comment

Very nice!!

Looks like you "ebonized" the bar stool seats. I like the "piano" finnish.

Comment

Working...
              X