Nature never intended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nature never intended

Needed to make a couple of dished out walnut barstool tops.
    Necessity mothered this invention.

[IMG][/IMG]

wow thoes look sweet great job

Comment

pretty slick set up congrats turned out really nice .

Comment

The legs are all bendy and stuff!!!

Right handed drunks, left handed stools, it'll never work.

Very good.

Comment

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What is the pucker factor on a pendulum router? Just make dang sure you are holding onto it before you hit go?

Comment

Originally posted by 2ManyHobbies
              What is the pucker factor on a pendulum router? Just make dang sure you are holding onto it before you hit go?
              About 9.5 before I started but not bad at all after I got going. Took about 1/4" passes with a ball end bit. Mill made it handy, just crank up the table 0.250" and make more sawdust.

Comment

Great post!!
                I'm an abstract poet and I didn't even think I was.

Comment

Very Nice!

Two comments:

1) Someone else had a similar idea.

2) Any minute now someone is going to give you grief about the sawdust clogging your mill... (Not me, I do woodworking too...)
                  "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Wow there's an easier way to dish stool tops perfectly .Just stick some sandpaper to your drawers and sit on it for a few months it will assume your perfect mould. Alistair
                    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

What a brilliant solution! Agree, my clacker would have been twitching a little however. I like the end result, the legs are very "Krenovian" ... is that a word? Anyway, hopefully you know who I'm talking about, and congratulations on the beautiful work.

Pete

Comment

Potential Problem

??Law Suit?? Drunks falling of those awesome crafted chair bar seats HA HA .(HUH NO SEAT BELT ????) I tell yuh if i was on one of them right now id need a seat belt for sure. Use caution,, dont serve anyone more than 14 bottles of beer. NICE WORK Mike

Comment

You did.. Test drive those seats right? With the required number of beer?

Gotta test drive em, Would'nt want them to collapse under the awsome weight of someone elses 4th beer.
                          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteF
                            What a brilliant solution! Agree, my clacker would have been twitching a little however. I like the end result, the legs are very "Krenovian" ... is that a word? Anyway, hopefully you know who I'm talking about, and congratulations on the beautiful work.

Pete
                            Thanks for the praise from you all. I do have 3 James Krenov books in my library but my attempt is more monkey see - monkey do. He CREATES. I was just following the lines of some factory made Arts and Crafts dining room furniture we recently bought.

Black Moons,
                            31 years too late for that test drive so I'll just have to trust my joinery.

Comment

Nice looking job,if you had done some steam bending and a few concealed sheet metal screws it would be a Krenovmaloofnian design
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X