X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerzel meets Slinky----

The video says it all!!!
    Brian Rupnow

Hmm, An internal combustion engine powered slinky. Can't say iv ever seen one of those before. Wish it had sound.
    (Or is it steam? kinda hard to tell....)
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Had sound for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Moons
        Hmm, An internal combustion engine powered slinky. Can't say iv ever seen one of those before. Wish it had sound.
        (Or is it steam? kinda hard to tell....)
        It does have sound, with a comentary by old silver tongued me!!! There must be something fishy with your speaker settings.
        Brian Rupnow

Comment

Ahhhh k, Yea had sound from IE muted...
          Still can't tell if its a IC or steam engine.. lol.
          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Its internal combustion---running naptha with a little 2 cycle oil. Its a hit and miss engine, and is amazingly quiet.
            Brian Rupnow

Comment

hi Brian ..how about running a little 12 volt generator with it ..

then keep on adding light bulbs to it ..see how many it takes to bog it down ..will give you some idea how much power its making .

or see how much fuel it takes to charge a battery from flat .

or how much fuel it burns to run a set amount of light bulbs over a set amount of time .

that would be interesting .

all the best.markj

Comment

That looks like fun. I can see the photo, but your videos never work for me.
                Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by JCHannum
                  That looks like fun. I can see the photo, but your videos never work for me.
                  I don't know why that would be JC. Those links I post are to photobucket, and that seems to work for just about everybody else in the world. Can somebody help JC out with this issue please.---Brian
                  Brian Rupnow

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
                    hi Brian ..how about running a little 12 volt generator with it ..

then keep on adding light bulbs to it ..see how many it takes to bog it down ..will give you some idea how much power its making .

or see how much fuel it takes to charge a battery from flat .

or how much fuel it burns to run a set amount of light bulbs over a set amount of time .all the best.markj

that would be interesting .
                    I've been asked that before Mark, but the truth is, generators and magnetos just don't do it for me. I love to see mechanical things with a lot of parts moving. Something that just spins around doesn't excite me enough to go to all the effort required to set it up.
                    Brian Rupnow

Comment

this ones got a bit expensive ..

but would suit your engine nicely ..looks the part ..you can see the moving parts etc .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Old-Knapp-Dyna...item2a0e8ea6a3

all the best.markj

Comment

A generator that works very well for driving with model engines is the old ones that we had on our bicyles in the 1950s and 60s. They had a friction wheel that was driven by the front tire, and would really put out a great amount of light. I still see them at yardsales sometimes, but as I said, the generator route just doesn't interest me.
                        Brian Rupnow

Comment

Working...
                        X