Tsunami Hits Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsunami Hits Japan

Devastating Quake 8.9 strikes 230 miles from Tokyo.
    Tsunami warning for Hawaii and a watch for the coast of California.

This is horrible My prayers go out to the people of Japan and the entire pacific region.

Steve

It's terrifying to watch. Might hit west coast 5am. Too early to tell. @12:15 am they are advising folks to evacuate coastline of Hawaii for predicted 3am landfall.

Comment

1 AM PST: I just saw on CNN Japanese helicopter footage of a half mile wide swell of trash and junk flowing at about 20 MPH (my est) across a flat landscape of warehouses or green houses boardered by raised roadways. It wasn't moving fast but it was sweeping everything up adding it to what looks like a garbage dump flowing over the land.

Hang on, Pacific Rim.
      Last edited by Forrest Addy; 03-11-2011, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Anyone see a pattern here? Sumatra etc a while back, then NZ, Now Japan, seems to be moving "clockwise".

Maybe Alaska ought to look out for a quake soon. Hasn't been a real biggie there since about 1960.

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ has several videos. I'm sure it will all be on YouTube soon. Watching the devastation unfold as that wall of water flows over the land is just astounding. We've all seen photos and videos of floods. This is a flood on steroids.
          ----------
          Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
          Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
          Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
          There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
          Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
          Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Fasinating, & horible at the same time

Its not often I find myself at a loss for words...

Comment

40 stunning photos of it HERE

john
              John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

The city and harbor are still under evacuation orders. Latest That I heard was 35 boats crushed in the harbor. http://www.triplicate.com/2011031111...o-harbor-boats

Bob

Comment

Working...
                X