Brass prices are on the rise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass prices are on the rise.

I think we all know that raw materials are on the rise.

I recently tire to order some sheet brass from Metal Express.

On 3/7/11 the following price was quoted $77.08

On 3/11/11 the following price was quoted $111.18

Now here is what I was after.

12 pcs .032x21x2.5 1/2 hard 260.

I must say it was a real shocker.

william
    Last edited by cole7015; 03-11-2011, 08:29 PM.

yes, and it won't be long till we look at that $111 as the good ole days.

Comment

I work at a Copper/Gold mine. 2 weeks ago Copper was well over $4.00 per lb. These are record prices. Right now all metal prices are over inflated due to demand. It may take months or years but there will be a severe correction in metal prices. Copper is a known "volitile" metal for prices. Best guess? I think it's going to go higher, Probably not by too much tho. I'd be suprised if Gold didn't hit at least $1500 this year.

Pete

Comment

Every metal price is thru the roof.... WHY?
        Feel free to put me on ignore....

Comment

daveo,
          Demand from China and India mostly. Stock manipulation/speculation have helped to drive prices too. Forgot to add. High fuel prices too, Mining is a large user of fuel.

Pete
          Last edited by uncle pete; 03-11-2011, 09:38 PM.

Comment

China posted a 7 Billion $ deficit in Feb. maybe there economy will slow down.

NA!
            The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

While it may not be a good time to be buying new material, it might be a good time to get rid of some scrap!

Comment

Today I was talking with a metal scrounger. He said he'll pay a minimum of $200 for any full size car. Says he'll get $300 to $400 for the car at the scrap yard.

Sounds awfully high to me, bu then I remember when you had to almost pay them to take a car.

Was he pulling my leg?

Comment

Originally posted by daveo
                  Every metal price is thru the roof.... WHY?
                  It is not that the price of metal that changing, its intrinsic value doesn’t change that much. What is changing is that purchasing power of our dollar is decreasing. But this really shouldn’t be a surprise anyone, with our fiat money system that allows the Federal Reserve Bank to print trillions of additional dollars simply by turning on the printing presses. Unfortunately for every extra dollar they print that makes every dollar you already possess lose some of its purchasing power.

Comment

Originally posted by DR
                    Was he pulling my leg?
                    No, one of the yards in my area was offering $250.00 for any car you could bring them about a month or so back.

Comment

Scrap is running between $10.50 and $12.50 per 100lb. You'll get a better price for a car if you separate the heavy from the sheet metal. Also separate the aluminum. That's how you can make out on scraping a car.

Also, a word for the wise: The scrap thieves are running rampant again.

Comment

2 weeks ago i was quoted $3.75 lb for mixed copper. I have about 70 lbs from servicing the heavy equipment and replacing the corroded battery cables and collecting mig consumables.

Comment

Working...
                        X