this weeks project new jig i designed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this weeks project new jig i designed

new jig for working on the new model crosman 357 valves this was needed for my buddy as the old school way is so frustrating so he needed a fix so i disigned and built this one so i made one for my self as well , and one for sale so far it mounts in a vice then just drop in the valve and your all set to rock and roll...

Looks great, but please show us how it works.
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Not sure what it does but if looks have any merit, it looks real handy

Comment

looks handy for say picking wax out of your ears - what does it do?

Comment

Originally posted by metalmagpie
          looks handy for say picking wax out of your ears - what does it do?

funny guy lol ok here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjczsgixs84

Comment

It's NOT a jig!

I watched some of the video. (Too irritating having the light behind the subject.) I still don't understand the "jig" use. To me, it's just a tool like any other wrench. Do you call those snap ring pliers a jig too? Any hoo, nice finish on the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen
              I watched some of the video. (Too irritating having the light behind the subject.) I still don't understand the "jig" use. To me, it's just a tool like any other wrench. Do you call those snap ring pliers a jig too? Any hoo, nice finish on the parts.

cant explain it any dummer .. its a jig for taking apart and putting back togeter a Crosman 357 c02 gas valve saftly , pretty much all explained perhaps you should have watched the entire video,, and no the snap ring pliers are not a jig never said they were

Comment

Hopefully, this is dumb enough for you. All I'm saying is that it doesn't fit the definition for a "jig". It's tooling.

That cabinet pull on the end of the stick looks nice though. (Since we can call things what ever we want.)

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen
                  Hopefully, this is dumb enough for you. All I'm saying is that it doesn't fit the definition for a "jig". It's tooling.

That cabinet pull on the end of the stick looks nice though. (Since we can call things what ever we want.)

ok well considering you seem to know nothing about this jig then you may call it tooling but to better under stand you really need to watch the whole video who knows you might learn something ..

last time i checked this was a forum for machinest both new mid range and the well seasoned and when we make something or have a new tool to gloat or have a question we need help on we ask etc.

if you dont under stand the purpose of the jig or tool then you need to watch the whole video then youll know what it does...
                  PS iam in no way dumb, iam well educated perhaps sometime when you want to learn a new skill you might want to ask,,

this is what i do and teach

auto repair
                  auto body
                  welding
                  machining
                  guitar and trombone and piano
                  pellet gun repair and mods
                  computer repair and sofware debuging
                  house reovations IE all of it including pluming electricial ,framing,drywall and so on
                  small enigne repair
                  painting
                  electronics ,
                  hell i can even teach you how to cut down a tree the right way ...

iam not wanting to get into a debate over a brain pans with you , i have just simply posted what i have been upto this week and have more then expained it with pics and the video,sarcastic comments altho are made are not needed. if you dont want to watch the video then smiply listen to it and look at the pics and youll get the idea what it is,

there is a large difference between a jig and a tool and even a wrench and a screw driver this is a combo of a jig and tool combined if that better helps you to understand...

Comment

Originally posted by airsmith282
                    this is a combo of a jig and tool combined if that better helps you to understand...
                    Not wanting to throw any more wood on the fire, but it would perhaps be more accurate to call it a combination of a Fixture and a Tool.

Generally in mechanical terms, a 'Jig' is usually a means of applying or guiding the tool to the work -like a drilling Jig - whereas a 'Fixture' is a a means of positioning or guiding the work to the tool.

In many cases a device is often a combination of both.

Peter

Comment

White Grass

Nice jig, In making the video, you are wearing short sleeve shirt. I want to know where you purchased the white grass?
                      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Neill
                        In many cases a device is often a combination of both.

Peter
                        That is exactly correct, in which case it is called a jig, just ask Wikipedia

Comment

Nice solution, Airsmith

Comment

Well done.
                            I didn't get it until I watched your video.

I don't do anything with air guns but the video is one of your best.
                            Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Comment

All I wanted to do is point out that your pieces are not normally referred to as a jig. No need to be fractious. If you teach as well as you learn, it's no wonder you can't hold down a steady job.

Comment

Working...
                              X