Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Want recommendation for a concealed carry knife.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Want recommendation for a concealed carry knife.

I figure some of you guys must carry a knife and maybe a handgun too.

What's a good knife to carry? (BTW, I can carry legally.)

I'd really like a fixed blade that I can carry in a sheath in my front pants pocket. The new Buck 113 Ranger Skinner looks fairly good but the handle can be slick. I have a Buck Vanguard I really like but it's just a bit big.

I have an older (30+ years) Schrade LB7 that's a really nice knife for a lockback but it would be pretty slow in a pinch.

What do you think?

Thanks.

don't bring a knife to a gun fight. gun=better.
    san jose, ca. usa

Comment

Already have a gun. How about if I bring a knife too?
      Last edited by pgmrdan; 03-18-2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

If you're going to get in a knife fight, you gotta get the rules right!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTNBRs7Ccs

Comment

I figgered out early that if you need to carry weapons you're either obsessed with macho BS or living in the wrong part of town. I'm 69 years old and the last real fight I was in was when I was 20 and I knew it was stupid before it even started. Ive had may confrontations since then but always deflected the other guy's wrath.

Comment

You figgured wrong Forest. It's nice that you have never had a problem, but things happen anywhere, anytime. Been there done that... right side of town, Wrong identity.

Comment

I am with Forrest.
              I am only 55, but I havent been in a fight since high school. And I have been to the wrong side of towns all over the world, had my shop in South Central LA for 8 years.

But, at the same time, I have carried a knife, as a tool, not a weapon, since I was probably 8. Never needed it for violence, but it sure comes in handy for opening packages, cutting salami, and opening paint cans.

Its in my pocket, and nobody can see it, but its hardly a "concealed carry".
              Its a swiss army knife.

You need a big blade, thats fine.
              I need scissors, tweezers, and screwdriver that fits eyeglasses a lot more often than I need a weapon...

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest Addy
                I figgered out early that if you need to carry weapons you're either obsessed with macho BS or living in the wrong part of town. I'm 69 years old and the last real fight I was in was when I was 20 and I knew it was stupid before it even started. Ive had may confrontations since then but always deflected the other guy's wrath.
                Ditto. 62 and 15 for me.

Comment

yup ..nice screw driver will do as much damage as a knife

take his advice

so you need to make your self a flick driver

all the best.markj

Comment

My neighbor wanted to fight me last week because I told him to keep his barking dogs under control. Seriously, told me "DO YOU WANNA GO?"
                    I replyed "No, But its a $200 a day fine if they don't stop barking"
                    ... Well, He said do you wanna go! So I took my best shot. In my method of fighting.

Half hour later walked by and heard the very muffed sounds of a dog barking from inside a house.

But yea.. Weapons rarely make a situation any better.
                    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

In carrying either, are you prepared to go all the way? I believe that a visible fixed blade knife would dissuade most criminals. There is always the possibility of running into the robber or team of robbers that would consider it a personal challenge to rob an armed man and try to do so.

Comment

I agree with Forrest and Ries -- either change your lifestyle, or where you're hanging out.

But if you have to carry a weapon, get a concealed carry permit and carry a gun -- carrying a knife for self defense is just going to get you killed.
                        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Blade Forums is where you need to be...

I have carried a pocket knife since I was 17...Most handy thing I own.. Cleans my nails, opens boxes etc..

Comment

Originally posted by cuemaker
                            I have carried a pocket knife since I was 17...Most handy thing I own.. Cleans my nails, opens boxes etc..
                            Ditto, but he's asking for a concealed weapon.
                            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

I grew up in a mid size city and had a CC permit when I turned 21, Pop always packed his 1911 because of the bad neighborhood. After moving to the next county over and into a small town with 1 stop light I have not had the need to carry a gun. Unless you are trapped in a bad neighborhood or handle money its best not to carry and do your best to avoid going into dangerous areas. Even though deadly force might be justified its the civil litigation from the crooks family that you will have to contend with, thats fine if you live a rusty van with nothing to lose. Any way, if you are going to pack buy a gun. Check your state laws, many states have different laws and some require a concealed carry permit for large knives.
                              Last edited by squirrel; 03-17-2011, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X