Tool gloat, aircraft drill bits by the hundreds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool gloat, aircraft drill bits by the hundreds

I went to a sign shop liquidation today and picked up a bunch of neat stuff. The best deal was this box of aircraft step drills. They aren't used and they aren't resharps, they are nearly all brand new. I had picked out ten or so at the advertised buck apiece when somebody mentioned that "Dad said to sell the whole box". I know the people well as I used to fix their computers and vinyl cutters so Lil' gave Dad a call and he said to sell it to me for 25 bucks. Deal sez I.

Now, there is no way in this life that I can use or will need this many aircraft bits as many are the same size. I will have to do an inventory but there are plenty to go around. I am willing to send out some small collections for a trade for whatever you might have of similar value. If you don't want to trade then a money order for the amount of shipping will do. I can't afford to send out too many but the packages will contain a nice collection.

I can send up to 500 grams (1.1 LB) for $3.50 anywhere in Canada which is around 20 bits plus/minus a couple. To the US is $7.30 for the same amount. There may be duplicates depending on the size distribution in the box.
    If you want some say so and send me a PM with your address. I will entertain the first five requests posted here.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

that sure is a NICE haul, Evan!
    ZL1OG:KH0EX

Comment

Do you suppose these were originally intended for drilling out rivets.

That's a great offer for anyone with an interest.

Comment

They are used to drill precisely sized holes in aluminum for special fasteners that are a press in fit. The first portion is a pilot and removes the majority of the material and the sholder acts like a reamer to bring the hole to size. They will work in steel too as they are made from HSS.

Comment

Count Me in Evan, I'm sure I can get another box to Canada with out upsetting the delicate balance of Customs . Any more of that copper plate needed, or ?
          Do You still have My address, or should We PM each other?

Steve

Comment

Some would certainly be appreciated. A PM is on it's way to you.

Thanks,
            David
            David Kaiser
            “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
            ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

OK, you are on the list (Steve). Send me your address again please. Whatever you have will be fine just so it doesn't cost too much to ship. Copper is nice. I am about to use that piece for a heat sink.

Comment

That is two confirmed. Do you want some Eddy?

Comment

Very nice haul. Do these have the quick connect ends? Reason I ask is that I picked up some aircraft drills recently and they have a quick connect end but I'm not sure of the type of connector. I don't see any reason they can't be used without it though. Just curious.

Comment

Yes, they have a round connector about an inch long on the shank end. They will fit a regular chuck just fine.

Comment

I sent you a pm, if you have any left I would like some as well

Steve

Comment

drill bits.

Hi evan; I got a bunch of these bits about 35 years ago from Princess Auto. I still have a couple left. I have done pilot holes up to 6 inches deep so I think you did well!!! BTW: About three years ago, one of the retiring mechs from the local Logging dev. gave me his 5 gallon pail of "cast-off" drill bits. At the very least I have a minimum of five complete sets 1/16 to 1/2 and have about 20 complete sets of the common pilot holes for standard imperial thread taps up to 9/16. These kind of scores are about one in a life time. Wayne.

Comment

One more bunch to give away. The first 4 people have been notified.

Comment

Evan, if some one had not got to that last set by PM, I would like it. PM me you mailing info and I will head a money order your way.
                              Thanks James

Comment

Working...
                              X