This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She’s purity; but purple

Is this the original color? Just wondering. I think a member hear has a red one. And it is quite attractive. But purple is on the edge of a bit girly to me.

Man- people paint machines the STRANGEST colours!!!

(Must be a younger generation fad.)

Comment

It must have come from a bubblegum factory ...

Comment

My eyes hurt just looking at it, much less having to live with it and work on it in my shop!

David
        David Kaiser
        “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
        ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

what twisted individual would have done that?
          in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

The 10EE seems to be one of the more... "hotrodded" lathes out there. Possibly because the design and art-deco trim, which makes it look less 'industrial' and more aesthetic.

I've seen them painted every color of the rainbow- Macona's is a blood red, I've also seen fire-engine red, there was an orange one that I couldn't help but photoshop a "Dukes" 01 onto the side...

I've seen light and dark blues, light and dark greens, gold, a dozen tones of grey ranging from blue-grey to charcoal, I've seen white, yellow, pink and black.

That purple was a new one though...

I recall hearing/seeing that some factories would more or less "color code" machines by section. This section was making (for example) pump parts, and all the machines had been painted red. This other section was making (for example) cylinder heads, and all their machines were painted green. And so on.

Doc.
            Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Monarch EE

If the color makes everyone not bid on it, I'd take it for cheap. Color is one of the easiest things to fix on a used machine. Maybe a girl machinist was running it - who knows?
              Kansas City area

Comment

It must have been Macona's machine. I remember seeing and liking the blood red.

Comment

There is ONLY ONE generic color that has the word "machine" in it's name... Machinery Gray ... there is a reason for that
                  Just old fashioned, I guess
                  Joe B

Comment

Paint it any color, if it makes good parts, runs smooth and fits the feel of the person using it, who cares. Right now with the problems I am going through with my Jet gimmee, I would take a pink lathe that worked.
                    CCBW, MAH

Comment

We had an old minster press, it was painted a slightly lighter purple. We nicknamed it "Barney", after that damn dinosaur on TV for kids. Ugliest damn thing I ever did see.

To do that to a 10EE though, someone should be strung up by the short hairs for that travesty.

Comment

A friend of mine had a Super Bee that was painted that color.......... I think Chrysler called it plum crazy.

JL....................

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee
                          A friend of mine had a Super Bee that was painted that color.......... I think Chrysler called it plum crazy.

JL....................
                          Yup ... Plum Crazy!

Just put a six pack on it and some satin black racing stripes and it'll be all 1973 'Cuda!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCB
                            There is ONLY ONE generic color that has the word "machine" in it's name... Machinery Gray ... there is a reason for that
                            Just old fashioned, I guess
                            Joe B
                            That German "machinery green" is OK too...... but too many folks make their version of green too in your face GREEN......

The German green is a background color green, I find it quite pleasant, and I would consider it, if I could find a formula for the right shade.

Keep eye on ball.
                            Hashim Khan

Comment

Hmm, I dont think it looks that bad.

Mine is Sherwin Williams Cinema Red. It is actually a lot darker than it shows up in the photos. Think of old crushed velvet.

Comment

Working...
                              X