Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin die slotter

Hi
    Just picked up this small slotter this weekend ,It is in great shape I know that small slotters are practicaly impossible to find but last week this old man came at the shop just to ask for directions and you know the rest of the story .Like most machinist knows,slotter are usually much bigger ,so I thought to share a few pictures with you.

It has a very nice tool holder that swings back when the tool goes back up ,have only 4 inchs travel on the ram but thats ok.

It is going to be nice to have a machine ready to go with practicaly no set up,compairing setting up my shaper for internal work,I do have a BP with a slotting head but that thing is made for playing not for working.

hope you enjoy

Nice! consider some of the other things you can do with it.
    Internal splines, Internal gears (Think planitary gear sets). Fun stuff.
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that slotters that size come along once in a lifetime, if youre lucky. Hold onto it, unless you want to sell it to me that is. Definitely one of my all time dream tools, and I dare someone to say that it is outdated or useless. Nice score!
      "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

How do you get drool out of a keyboard?
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Would you post a close up photo of the head portion of the slotter?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dlsinak
            Would you post a close up photo of the head portion of the slotter?

Thanks
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFYDlN3SxUc

I can take more picture tomorrow

Comment

Very cool. I like the built in tool lifter action, had to watch that a few times. I think the closest that I will get to a slotter is the slotting head for my K&T 4H. Although, if something like that poped up around here I would probably not be able to resist.

ME

Comment

Looks very similar to the Yoder type power hammer.

I'm envious!

Thanks for posting

Comment

I saw a slotter that size,but it was too small to use to slot out the throats of wooden bench planes. I was doing that with a Bridgeport slotter. It has a 4" stroke.

Comment

Working...
                  X