off topic aol computer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off topic aol computer question

Aol gave ma another twelve month faIRish deal and as I am no computer expert and have been with them from the start I decided to go again.Now they sent me the new 9.6 upload this morning which I did but the favourites I keep at hand came up with a much older version can I change it to the one I recently had as all my newer favourites were on that?Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

change to internet exploror

found instructions for you
    • click start
    • control panel
    • internet options (need to be in Classic View to see it)
    • choose the program tab at the top
    • under Default Web Browser it should say Internet Explorer is not currently the default web browser, next to it should be a button saying Make Default. Click it
    • click Apply
    all the best.markj

Comment

I also use AOL 9.6 . For the last 1/2 dozen or so versions of AOL, your favorites are stored on their server. This is good for 2 reasons. First if your PC crashes and you must reinstall everything, windows and then aol. You wont loose any favorites. Also if you go to a public place, i.e. library, cafe, etc, and log into your aol account your favorites will be there.
      There are 2 possibilites with your issue:
      1-Now once you updated your AOL software you will have to restart your pc at least 2 times, maybe 3 times before all updates are automatically uploaded from AOLs server and then your favorites will be there.
      2-you said you had a really old version. the really old versions saved your favorites on your c: So if this is the case then open your "favorites" and hover over the "favorite places" folder and right click and click "open saved folder" (each version of aol is saved on your hard drive under C:/programfiles/aol x.x) I believe you are looking for files ending with .pfc

Comment

thanks guys mark I have done what you said and am about to try what mr hindley said thanks heres hoping Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
        X