No announcement yet.

Fixing obsolete Bosch roto hammer.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing obsolete Bosch roto hammer.....

Ideas or thoughts????

I have two Bosch Bulldog roto hammers. One is a 11212VSR, the other a 11210VSR.

Both have bad trigger speed controls. The trigger switch is listed as no longer available from Bosch. And, a local independent repair guy said nobody else supplies these type parts.

On the 11212 model the switch has two wires in, two out, with the reverse switch a separate unit. So, if I put a toggle switch in place of the trigger I may lose the variable speed, but will have full speed only.

The 11210 has the reverse built in. A bit more complicated.

So what to do? I hate to throw the tools out. Maybe jury rig a trigger switch form some other tool?

I don't care if the repair is kind of clunky. These are for my own use.

I would look at finding a 'common'/cheap replacement module thats small enough to fit, And then work on making brackets/mods to the drill to mount them. This way if they fry again, it will be easy to fix (just get another module and slap it in). The replacement modules should be rated at least the current rating of the drill, or more..

Variable speed is really handy for some applications.. Those modules with the little knob to adjust max travel (hence speed) are really nice.
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

I would dispense with the VS trigger,we have at least four Bosch rotohammers at work and I have never used the VS feature.

We do have a small Bosch hammer drill that we do use the VS switch on.I had to replace it not long ago,$78 Cough!

If you don't know already,here is the place to get parts-

http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

If it comes down to it, just bypass the switch in the hammer and put a footswitch on the power cord- just a suggestion.
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

I have one, trigger is good but had to replace the armature becuase the integral gear cut in the end of the shaft stripped, probably from misuse.
          Took it apart, paid $99 bucks for the new one and spent almost all day trying to get it back together, a hellish job. Still running good today. Most power tools I use in my business don't last 17 years. Good tool, worth fixing.
          GUS

Comment

might have a couple. . . . . used or new. . . need a email address
            [email protected]

Originally posted by DR
            Ideas or thoughts????

I have two Bosch Bulldog roto hammers. One is a 11212VSR, the other a 11210VSR.

Both have bad trigger speed controls. The trigger switch is listed as no longer available from Bosch. And, a local independent repair guy said nobody else supplies these type parts.

On the 11212 model the switch has two wires in, two out, with the reverse switch a separate unit. So, if I put a toggle switch in place of the trigger I may lose the variable speed, but will have full speed only.

The 11210 has the reverse built in. A bit more complicated.

So what to do? I hate to throw the tools out. Maybe jury rig a trigger switch form some other tool?

I don't care if the repair is kind of clunky. These are for my own use.

Comment

I had a Milwaukee Chop Saw that had the trigger switch go south. Called them with part # and was told it's not a good part #. So I told them to send me the current part. When I got it the big change was the went from screws to blades for attachment. Picked up a Mag drill that had been dropped and cracked the end cap... call about parts was told they no longer had that part as it was an older model and the new one had design changes. Was told I'd have to buy a complete drill. I told them to send me the part... the big change was they put in a thinner bearing. Old one fit in after I knock out the tits they added to pocket. I'm sure they could note these little changes but then again if parts are no longer available they think most will just replace the tool with the new model.

So it could be the same thing with your part minor change new part #. Have them send you or give you a link to view the "new" parts drawing. You might find out it'll work.
              Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Working...
              X