Automatic Chain saw sharpener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Chain saw sharpener

I ordered a professional chain sharpener that is made in Sweden. It is called a Grindomatic V12. You can find it easy on YouTube.

You just put the chain on, make a few adjustments and press go. Everything works by itself.

I was really skeptical but this machine really does a good job. My chains have never cut better. It is especially good for my .404 chains. It takes about five minutes per chain including setup.

It is a 12 volt machine with a converter for running it off house current. Or you can take it with you on the tractor and run it off the battery.

I did this in response to the thread on here about sharpening chains.

Just a bit of trivia for all you woodsman.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Is it really 1800 Euro?! Seems a lot.

Comment

It might be, 12000 SEK + VAT(25%) in 2004 was the only price I found with a quick search. 1 EUR is about 9 SEK today, 2004 it as about 10 SEK.

Comment

I like fancy gadgets as much as the next guy, but for that price I could buy a LOT of chainsaw files and chains. Any chance of getting a video up?

Comment

Just go to Youtube and search on Grindomatic V12. If I have time tomorrow I will make a video.
          How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

When should we expect a new set of pictures of pretty girls on top of your Grindomatic?

Comment

The name does lend itself to some colorful interpretation!!!

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

Just watched a utube vid of it in action, chains wont last long with the amount it was grinding off each tip!!

Peter
                  I have tools I don't know how to use!!

Comment

ptjw7uk: I would assume its set wrong in some of the youtube vids, Also if its got proper scales on the controls, You could reset it to only grind a few thou off whatever the last grind it did, Since the chain would presumabley be the exact form it grinds after the first sharpening.
                    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Originally posted by ptjw7uk
                      Just watched a utube vid of it in action, chains wont last long with the amount it was grinding off each tip!!

Peter
                      It can be set to grind off any amount you like, the video was simply showing how it can take off 4mm without overheating the teeth.

Comment

this machine lives at the acceptable end of the market.(in terms of function).. except the price makes it a non starter for small businesses.

Comment

Working...
                        X