Oops, dad I .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops, dad I .....

Looks like daddy wont be pleased ....http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/14042011/36...-superc-0.html

Peter
    I have tools I don't know how to use!!

Ahhh...yet another sign that someone cant be trusted with daddy's toy. My favorite similar incident happened at our local county fair two years ago. A local kid entered daddy's brandy new $50k diesel pickup in the truck pulls. Big torque + inexperienced kid = transmission parts going through the cab. The kid wasnt hurt but daddy's truck was totalled and the insurance company did not cover it.
    "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

At today's rate that is $448,168.75 in US dollars.

Comment

Who the hell gave him the keys ?
        In UK my daughter was barred from my 250hp Volvo until she turned 30.( Not by me , by the insurance company ) and kids in UK are being given premiums of £3000 for driving a basic Fiesta

Could I hazard a guess that he was not doing 50 mph at the time?
        Wonder why I think that

Comment

Suppose you have all heard the story about the girl who went to her father and told him she had some good news and some bad news !
          "OK give me the bad news first " said Dad

" the air bag works " was the reply

Comment

On one hand,,,,, it was only an Audi engine with a lot of carbon fiber wrapped around it. Daddy overpaid for it in the first place.

On the other hand,,,,, maybe daddy will give son $1000/month allowance and tell him to go buy his own cars from now on.

Comment

A few more...http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newpho...stof2010aug05/

Comment

Hmmm, kids have it a bit differently these days...

When I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to drive until I was 18. In fact, I didn't even have a drivers license.

If I screwed up, my old man used to say," I brought you into this world, and I can damned sure take you out....And I'll make another one that looks just like you."

When I finally turned 18, my Mom handed me a suitcase and a bag of groceries, and the address of a room she had paid rent on for two weeks, across town...."Yer on your own, son. Call me once in a while..."

I lived in that rented room for a year, walking 14 miles a day to work in a car wash 6 days a week...Until I saved enough money to buy my first car....a rusted out Plymouth convertable....what a pile, but it was my pile.
                No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Originally posted by john11668
                  Suppose you have all heard the story about the girl who went to her father and told him she had some good news and some bad news !
                  "OK give me the bad news first " said Dad

" the air bag works " was the reply
                  I'm only guessing but I think the father let out a sigh of relief ...... daughters, gods punishment on you for once being male & teenaged, kind of glad I dont have one

Comment

Hmmm, kids have it a bit differently these days...

When I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to drive until I was 18. In fact, I didn't even have a drivers license.

If I screwed up, my old man used to say," I brought you into this world, and I can damned sure take you out....And I'll make another one that looks just like you."

When I finally turned 18, my Mom handed me a suitcase and a bag of groceries, and the address of a room she had paid rent on for two weeks, across town...."Yer on your own, son. Call me once in a while..."

I lived in that rented room for a year, walking 14 miles a day to work in a car wash 6 days a week...Until I saved enough money to buy my first car....a rusted out Plymouth convertable....what a pile, but it was my pile.

Being in Kingman it was uphill both ways in the snow too.
                    Last edited by gunrunnerx; 04-14-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Dang double tap.

Comment

This one was even caught on tape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLl-MriZ4WA

Brand spanking new Shelby GT500 Mustang.

DOH!

Edit: Wow...my first post. I signed up for an account here a long time ago but I guess I never used it. I'll start posting.

Comment

Re opening post, pictures are not of the same car.

Comment

Not sure when it was but at the time the Police were currently investigating if excessive speed caused the crash

Comment

Did the boy die in the wreck,or after his father found out about it?
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X