insert screws needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insert screws needed

Ok where can I purchase 4 screws that hold the inserts onto an end mill?
    The first holder is a SECO part number R220.69-02.00-16G

The second end mill companys name is not known and the number on the shank may not all be there. It is a 1.00 Diameter end mill with a 3/4 shank. It holds 4 APKT inserts. The only part of the number that I can read is :
    B90A-D1.00 or 290A-D1.00
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by ahidley

The second end mill companys name is not known and the number on the shank may not all be there. It is a 1.00 Diameter end mill with a 3/4 shank. It holds 4 APKT inserts. The only part of the number that I can read is :
    B90A-D1.00 or 290A-D1.00
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    I think that is an Iscar E90A D1.00-4-w.75 end mill. I have that exact one. Is it this?
    http://www.travers.com/product.asp?R...864-19-241-034

Travers also sells the set screw for it, but I really think you can get them elsewhere for less.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Pieces-Iscar-...item22fd19ab4f

The screw is a standard size and not really manufacturer specific.

Comment

Not all the screws are "standard" sizes. There are many oddball ones used, depending upon the maker of the tool and the size of the inserts. Don't be surprised to find something like an M2.3 x 0.35 or a #3-40, etc. The other thing to watch is the included angle for the oval head or flat head screws. The inserts are sometimes a 90؛ countersink, but just as often they're 70؛, 80؛ or 100؛ countersinks.

As a general rule, it's best to replace the screws on an insert end mill or turning holder about every ten insert changes, more often if there's a lot of heavy milling or turning going on. The sockets of the screws get buggered, the metals get fatigued. After all, they may (or, should) be seeing quite a bit of heat as they work. Usually a pack of ten screws from the manufacturer is about the price of two inserts, and well-worth having on hand.

Comment

Beanbag Yes it looks like that except it has a 3/4 shank. Its also probally 10 years old.

Comment

I have bought many replacement insert screws from MSC.

Outback
          So much to learn, so little time

Comment

Thanks Beanbag it is an ISCAR and the screw is SR 34-505 and the SECO is CO4011 . Now a guy has em on ebay for approx $10 shipped for 10 vs $4.79 each from MSC
            You guys are AWSOME!! Thanks,....

Comment

None of my indexable tools seem to use the same screws.
              Odder still, Some of them came with two sets of screws... With diffrent countersink angles on each. And apparently they are for diffrent style inserts.

PS: One of my favorate pictures, is that of a 12x36" lathe with what I now believe must of been an indexable insert sized screw in the chuck (Well, held in something in the chuck) And the tool just mm away from the spining chuck... Cutting a taper on the standard head screw

Kinda amazing seeing something so big work on something so tiny.
              Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Working...
              X