Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myford Super 7 MSRP

I notice on Myford's website that the MSRP for a new Super 7 Plus with the
    30-3/4" long bed and quick change gear box (p/n 10/041) is £ 7,380 ex VAT.
    (At current exchange rates, this is $US 12,040 FOB the Myford factory.)

Is the statement "dealers may sell for less" implicit here, or is this the price
    that new Super 7's actually trade hands for in the UK?

They sell for twice that amount if you can get it.

Don't forget, it's a MYFORD

Regards Ian.
    You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

When I was apprentice Instrument mechanic at CibaGeigys in the 80s we had a main workshop with a fairly newish condition colchester and a brand new condition 1609 DSG...
      The instrument repair block had a myford super 7..which was as new.

I was rarely allowed to use the DSG..could use the Colchester when ever I wanted so long as it was free.. and the myford was for our use only.
      I hated the super 7..after using the other two...

If someone stole my Emco maximat v13 and left me a brand new super7..I would hunt them down..mercilessly...

Rob

Comment

Yar but NEW Engrish has to be better than OLD Austrian? (V10 owner)

Regards Ian.
        You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Rob how can you compare an enco to a myford?

Just kidding This is what I always get asked when I tell people I have an emco v13

Comment

Originally posted by plunger
            Rob how can you compare an enco to a myford?
            Well.. for a split second you got me..lol...till my eye caught the lower line..

I've had that comment quite a few times..on here and elsewhere..

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by MrSleepy
              I was rarely allowed to use the DSG..could use the Colchester when
              ever I wanted so long as it was free.. and the myford was for our use only.
              I hated the super 7..after using the other two...
              The DSG and Colchester were both 10 x 31" machines like the Myford ?
              Or were you making an apples-to-persimmons comparison ?

Here's why I am interested in valuations.

Comment

Originally posted by Circlip
                Don't forget, it's a MYFORD
                Well, that may be what the aficionada claim, but the factory pens their logo
                in Upper/lower case.

Like so

Comment

Answer to original question is, "Yes"; although, there are some promotions. There is one they currently offer where they take 1,000 pounds off the price if you visit them at a trade show. I recently asked about a new Myford on another list. A British member responded,

"Note that if you get a new Myford, they will often 'cut a deal' with discount, which varies between say 7% , or say £800 discount/accessories, etc etc... it varies.
                  The deal now shown on their home page is £1000 off if you attend the show... though you can get a discount without attending.
                  They also have discounts around the beginning of the year, and also maybe near the 'Harrogate Show'
                  They often have 'we pay the VAT' or around a 15% of accessories for items ordered at the show."
                  Last edited by Arthur.Marks; 04-18-2011, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur.Marks
                    Answer to original question is, "Yes"; although, there are some promotions.
                    Thank you for the thorough and helpful answer.

The machine pictured above appears to be available for the equivalent of
                    £ 1,275, all in.

Even ignoring the pricy optional items like the milling attachment & ect, this
                    seems like a good value for what looks like a very tidy machine.

Comment

That's about the correct price, I was going to post and say £1200 but you beat me to it.

If Myfords had that same lathe in their showroom they would want £3,000 for it and get it.
                      The name is powerful enough for some punters to ignore bargains elsewhere.

Two for sale here.

http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/index...h=myford+super

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Thank you, Mr Stevenson.

Is there a taper attachment between the motor and the crossslide in
                        the picture above ?

Comment

Yes I just spotted that, be interesting to see what's in the boxes underneath as part of the TT attachment is missing, the link but even so it's an easy part to make.

So long bed, TT, vertical slide, the tilting one to boot, plus gearbox makes this a god deal at the advertised price.

Also forgot the power cross feed and the QCTP.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                            ... as part of the TT attachment is missing, the link ...
                            I expect that it is just tucked out of the way while not in use.

What is your opinion about the dull appearance of the ways ?

Last edited by EddyCurr; 04-18-2011, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I inherited a paint can full of rusty Whitford nuts and bolts. Can I offer them on-line as Myford spares?

Comment

Working...
                              X