Flowdrill dealers online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowdrill dealers online?

Anybody seen pricing on Flowdrill products?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7MV0i1QTzo

Has anybody here ever tried one?
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Don't know the pricing, but looks interesting. I wonder how much down feed pressure is required. The form doesn't look all that complicated to figure and work out, so if you found a material (broken carbide endmills perhaps?) you could probably roll your own.

Comment

Yup, I've got one. My drill press was underpowered for the thing. I then spent buckets of time and cash on drill press conversion to VFD, then forgot all about the flowdrill. What I did get for results was very promising, though. I even contacted the manufacturer about getting taps, etc, but I got the brush off for being too small to deal with. It's been sitting on the shelf since.

Comment

They are fantastic, produce a tap-able hole in sheet in secs, far better than nutserts

john
        John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

Originally posted by millwrong
          Yup, I've got one. My drill press was underpowered for the thing. I then spent buckets of time and cash on drill press conversion to VFD, then forgot all about the flowdrill. What I did get for results was very promising, though. I even contacted the manufacturer about getting taps, etc, but I got the brush off for being too small to deal with. It's been sitting on the shelf since.
          What size holes were you doing in what material?I have an application were 1/2 npt in 1-1/2" sch 40 pipe is what I need.

I hate calling mfgs on this type of stuff.Seems like I get pestered for weeks afterward to buy something.
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
          X