OT: Sanctuary from Royal Wedding..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Sanctuary from Royal Wedding..

Every time I turn on the TV or open a newspaper its "Wedding this" , "Kate that", "Kate vs Diana", "Is Harry gonna come dressed as a nazi?"..

Couldn't care less about the royals..(If their sh1t comes out smelling of roses..then they may have a place..otherwise their no better than anyone else..just lucky).

So where is the best place to get away from this drivel.

I was born in Montreal..so should be able to get Canadian passport..

I could try digging for gold for a few months..is there any in Canada.

Rob

I'd much rather put up with the royals than the Obamas.
    You want some company?
    I got a couple of gold pans somewhere.

Comment

There is a saying that covers your situation quite well:- "Life is a b!tch and then you die!"
      Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

if japan hadn't of happened ..youd be suicidal by now ..

amazingly there hasn't been that much coverage of it all in the UK ..thats compared to previous royal weddings

all the best.markj

Comment

Your workshop.

Phil

Originally posted by MrSleepy
          So where is the best place to get away from this drivel.

Comment

Oh come on Mr Sleepy,aren't you the least bit intrigued as to what Sir John Earl of Sudspumpwater will be wearing to the wedding?Given his level of infamy.......cough! I mean fame he's sure to be on the guest list

We already know what our Pal Al will be wearing

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I don't have a TV, for reason's just like this. I do buy a newspaper now and then, but I don't have a subscription because the biggest section in the paper is usually sports.

The wedding plans of an heir to a dead empire is not news.

Comment

The queen still owns all public lands in Canada which is 95% of the country.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Kinda makes a guy hope there is another disaster somewhere to get the stupid wedding out of the news.

We just went threw a big hype about Charlie Sheen. I can never understand why people care about what other people are doing so much. Its annoying!
                  Andy

Comment

I can never understand why people care about what other people are doing so much.
                    It's because they have so little of any significance going on in their own lives - no business of their own to mind.

Sad to say, there are more of them than there are of us, so that is what gets reported in the media. If nobody watched, it wouldn't be there. Unless...
                    ... you subscribe to the media distracting us by telling us what to think about theory.
                    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Originally posted by Iraiam
                      I don't have a TV, for reason's just like this. I do buy a newspaper now and then, but I don't have a subscription because the biggest section in the paper is usually sports.

The wedding plans of an heir to a dead empire is not news.

Same here, I axed our TV service (with my wife's blessings), because it had become nothing but garbage! TV shows have become a way for the Hollywood libs to push their political agendas and with all the annoying computer generated trash superimposed on the screen over anything we were trying to watch, station logos and moving banners for upcoming programing, we just said to heck with it. I also agree that our local newspaper was more about sports than anything else, often covering local sports on the front page. We use the internet to scan news web sites and it is way better that way, just skip the [email protected]^ and get to what matters. Been gone over two years now and we honestly don't miss it a bit!

Comment

Lemme tell you a story about drivel.
                        Several years ago I was in the hospital for another back operation.
                        As I'm lying there unable to do much of anything except watch the hated TV Michael Jackson died.

It was Michael Jackson this and Michael Jackson that and now we are going to interview the man that cleaned his toilet.
                        Yes it was that bad and I was lucky enough to catch every cliff-hanging minute of it.

Several other worthwhile people died at the same time and got nothing while they all gather around the child molester.
                        Last edited by KIMFAB; 04-30-2011, 01:32 PM.
                        Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, bend, chip, crack or peel

Comment

I am an Englishman by origin, though always a regicidist, and a US citizen for the last 25 years, and the drivel in the US media over these idle parasites never ceases to amaze me considering that this is a republic with a constitutional aversion to such regal wastrels.
                          "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Comment

Originally posted by jep24601
                            I am an Englishman by origin, though always a regicidist, and a US citizen for the last 25 years, and the drivel in the US media over these idle parasites never ceases to amaze me considering that this is a republic with a constitutional aversion to such regal wastrels.

Wierd, huh.

Comment

Originally posted by radkins
                              Same here, I axed our TV service (with my wife's blessings), because it had become nothing but garbage! TV shows have become a way for the Hollywood libs to push their political agendas and with all the annoying computer generated trash superimposed on the screen over anything we were trying to watch, station logos and moving banners for upcoming programing, we just said to heck with it. I also agree that our local newspaper was more about sports than anything else, often covering local sports on the front page. We use the internet to scan news web sites and it is way better that way, just skip the [email protected]^ and get to what matters. Been gone over two years now and we honestly don't miss it a bit!
                              You are right

You know, there are people subscribed to channels here ..paying more than £40 a month for channel packages..
                              for the privilege of ..

...endless repeats,
                              ...banners going across the bottom
                              ..logos
                              ...adverts twice as long as the main stream channels
                              ..adverts were you have to turn the sound down
                              .... more adverts for what's on other channels,
                              ...adverts for what's coming up,and whats being shown in the future, three months before it is eventually shown.
                              ...Massive push adverts telling you to pay extra for HD and how pleased you will be with the result...on your large screen TV that now that it's emphasizing the bad quality of non HD
                              ... because definition/resolution of normal TV toned down to make HD look better.
                              ....all showing stuff that was shown in the USA 6 months ago
                              ..and in the wrong order.
                              ....series that go on for ever, with 6 months breaks between each series.
                              ...the subscribers are required/ ordered to have a phone cable plugged into their satellite box so they can monitor what you are watching...and so that you can pay for other stuff

Fxck Murdock ..he can keep his crap.

all the best.markj
                              Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 04-22-2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X