I need your good advice ? I'm in love Alistair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your good advice ? I'm in love Alistair

I have been offered a fabulous saw a wadking cp12dimension saw it ios abeauty trouble is like the many problems of weight I need my head examined but I'm in love it weight 545killos and I have to take it home up a steep drive and round the back of my building up some stairs acro9ss the steep grass then to fit through a door standing on it's end which needs to be widened a bit about aninch. Anyway now the good news it comes to pieces the top a big cast iron table comes off the mottors two of one for scribing saw and the other for the mainsaw.then the sliding table and components come off and the shell thankfully is steel plate not cast as it's quite modern.I have three sons and anephew who could help.The guy has agreed for me to take it apart in his workshop then I need to hire a van and on top of this most of my machiones need to be removed slightly moved I should say to get it in and get my other saw out.Do I need it definitely not but I'm 60 next week and if I don't take a chance and do it now I never will what do you guysthink? Alistair ps remember I am in love
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Sounds like you've already decided. Just take pics of the honeymoon.

Comment

it was like the the post was leading up to a question or something? Age doesn't matter, one must act on true love or risk a life of emptiness and mediocrity

Comment

Yes, gorgeous saw, I agree, you need it, would love to have that thing myself, that's for sure.

Get those 4 men at it, all you should be doing is pointing your finger at what you want done and supervising.

Then take em out for a dinner.

And before JS jumps in, I'll save him the time and trouble to post, those go for little more then scrap around here

Comment

What are you asking us for? If you are into woodworking that is a nice saw with no need to ask for advice.
          I can see your train of thought here "I don't know if I need this so I'll ask a bunch of fellow addicts about it."

Besides at only 60 you are still a youngster and will have lots of time to play with it.
          It will also be a nice place to set your beer when it is not in use. Be sure to use a coaster, a ring on the table is unsightly.
          Last edited by KIMFAB; 05-13-2011, 02:13 PM.
          Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, bend, chip, crack or peel

Comment

Hi Alistair,
            Being in love, At your age you require what i did to two neighbours dogs, Bucket of cold water!

you need the Wadkin, like a hole in the head, What the heck, fall in love go for it, A wadkin is such a nice thing you will regret it if you dont buy You can use it

Dan.

Comment

Thanks Dan are you and margaret going to help me push it up the hill I'll phone you over the weekend Alistair

Comment

Alistair,John tells me your a wealthy aristocrat,so why not hire the rigging done?Would probably only cost you one small stack of money

Or will losing that stack make the floor boards lumpy?
                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

If you don't get it your going to kick your self every time you think about it. I figure thats about five times a day.
                  Richard

Comment

Richard let me tell you a story when I first decided to build a workshop for wood I went to see a wadkin bursgreen pattern makers lathe it was atr an auction and surprisingly didnt sell with a small price tag of £1100 pounds to my delight the guy asked me to make him an offer being funny I said I'll give you £50 for it he said imediately give me £75 and we had a deal.I looked at it bron was with me over the next hour she talked me out of it because of it's latge size.A few days later I went back to edinburgh to rebuy it and it was sold.I had been told it was quite easy when taken apart into smaller pieces.I have always regretted that and I don't want to make the same mistake again. so please talk me into it Alistair ps just kidding if I can overcome my main worry that is when I take it all apart the shell will be still to heavy but I can't see that as it's only sheet steel about a quarter or less thick I tapped it with my hand it sounded quite hollow,so I fugure I'll be ok Alistair

Comment

I just phoned the guy and agreed to but it I should hire a van end of next week and middle of next week go with fred my son Ewen and craig my nephew to take it apart. Alistair please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Comment

well this is what it looks like for you guys who want to see it this is not the actual machine but is identical in everyway as well as condition.Alistair

http://www.wadkinmachinery.com/Wadki...Panel-Saw.html

Comment

Alistair, we only go around once in this Wacky World,, buy it, get it moved and enjoy it.
                          I would think the resale value on a quality saw would be good.
                          Get us a pic please!!!!

Comment

Standing in for Sir John, (He's collecting for a good cause at the big "H" this weekend)

Don't hurt yourself on this machine, blood only devalues it for the next buyer.

Regards Ian.
                            You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

So?????

Did you buy the saw? I hope so. You need that saw. Go get it!!!!!!
                              How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X