Alistair has reached the big 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alistair has reached the big 60

Yesterday it was my birthday now I am truly 60 years old and feeling ok about it.I don't feel too old so thanks sir John for the card.I guess it's underway eh? same as last year keep well guys I love you guys my best pals. Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Congrats Alistair
    Hope you at least got something nice for the shop

Kobus
    If you are using violence and it does not work, You are not using enough or it is upside down.
    You can always just EDM it...

Comment

Wow!!!! A Great BIG "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Alistair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And Many More To Come!!)

Come on,,,,,, We all need to hear what you got for your,e shop!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations. At 27 I am still wondering and half doubting I will live that long. Hope the day was enjoyable.
        "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Happy Birthday Alistair!

Have a pint on me
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Happy birthday Alistair,
            Dave

Comment

I wish I was 60.
              MBB

Comment

Originally posted by malbenbut
                I wish I was 60.
                MBB
                Amen brother! I wish I wuz 60 again, knowing what I know now.

Happy Birthday Alistair; yer only as old as you feel.
                Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Happy belated birthday Alistair.
                  I always said its the one day a year that a person shouldn't have to work! I always took it off at my old job. New job doesn't accommodate as well.

Comment

Next year we'll all have a day off. Alistair

Comment

Happy birthday, Alistair!

I remember 60 - hope you enjoy it as much as I did. That was the year I decided to get seriously into machining, and bought myself a new lathe, mill, and a bunch of tooling.

We'd saved up the cash for a new car, and were so turned off by the attitude of the sales guy on the lot that my wife said, "if you want those tools, get 'em - the car can wait." Got the new car last month, seven years later. . .
                      Last edited by Frank Ford; 05-20-2011, 05:26 PM.
                      Cheers,

Frank Ford
                      HomeShopTech

Comment

Originally posted by malbenbut
                        I wish I was 60.
                        MBB
                        I'd settle for 65 . That way I wouldn't have to go back to work. :-)
                        78 and still kickin.
                        ...lew...

Comment

I treated myself to a nice newish (for me anyway) Wadkin cp12d dimension saw for my woodshop, for my birthday. The boys Alistair Russell and Ewen bought me a compound table for my geared head elliot drill.This will save the bother of resetting the vice everytime I need to drill a hole.Actually at the moment every time I used it I never had it bolted down a big no* no*, now it is firm on the compound table.I am very excited about the new tablesaw which made my nice older one (which went off this morning to it's new owner) look like a toy Thanks for kind words Alistair

Comment

Happy birthday!

Never thought I'd say this but also wish I was 60 again.
                            Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, bend, chip, crack or peel

Comment

Wow, only 60. Happy birthday Alistaire, to hell with the pint I'll have a single malt to celebrate for you, maybe two. Mine was 19 years and a few days ago. Still enjoying my shop and making a few shekels on the side, pays for more tools. Peter
                              The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

Working...
                              X