Anyone switched to Firefox 4.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone switched to Firefox 4.0?

Do the new features justify switching? Any trouble switching?
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

I accidentally switched... I wish I had the older version back. 4.0 isn't bad I guess, they just changed everything so you can't find anything again. Nothing new really beside just the look. I would stay with the old.
    Andy

Comment

I am running Firefox 4.0.1 at this moment, but not by choice! My hard drive crashed and I lost everything I had on the old drive. I have not explored everything as of yet. They changed the layout of the toolbars in an effort (I think) to unclutter the screen, it has taken a little getting use to, but it functions so far has been flawless.
      Dan.

Comment

I switched recently and think it is an improvement performance-wise. The 3.6.whatever I was using was starting to feel kind of glitchy.

Comment

I tried the new one for a week then went back to 3.6.

I missed the Google toolbar and the smartbar and they don't work with 4.

Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by vpt
            I accidentally switched... I wish I had the older version back. 4.0 isn't bad I guess, they just changed everything so you can't find anything again. Nothing new really beside just the look. I would stay with the old.
            +1 I was disappointed. every thing is hard to find. First time Firefox has pulled this kind of crap.

Comment

You guys realize you can customize it right? I've been using it since it came out, customized the look so that it looks almost exactly like firefox 3 did and no problems

Comment

I customized mine (4.0.1), so that it looks almost like 3.xxx did.

I find that it loads pages faster. Other than that, no comments....

Andrew

Comment

Firefox spell check doesn't work anymore on some sites. (4.0.1)

Comment

I switched about a week ago. No problems.. My only complaint is that they moved some of the buttons around, but they can be moved back to where they were if you prefer.

The buttons (Home, Reload page, Cancel, etc.) are now grayscale instead of color, which I find surprisingly annoying --- does anyone know of a way to get the color buttons back?
                    ----------
                    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
                    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
                    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
                    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
                    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
                    Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Go here.
                      You can download any version of FF you want.
                      I'm running FF 3.05.10

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/history/

angelo

Comment

I upgraded a few weeks ago. Definitely more stable and I find it plays HD youtube and Vimeo videos better... one of the reasons I switched.

I also customized the interface to put the buttons back where they were in the previous version. Not sure why they felt the need to change up the interface that much.

Comment

I'm now using version 4...since the auto upgrade a few weeks ago.

It was initially surprising..the layout change and no status bar..

but after 10mins I'd got it back to how I like it..

Impressions...happy so far..much more stable than the last 3.x version.

Rob

Comment

I tried it when it first came out, but it turned out to be more of a memory hog than the previous version, so I switched to Iron (Chrome variant). At first it was faster but less featureful. Now that I upgraded my memory, I might switch back.

Comment

One of the nice things about 4 is that you can easily sync your bookmarks and passwords between machines.

Comment

Working...
                              X