X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT--Obama's car gets stuck in Dublin

I got a chuckle out of this one.
    With all of the route planing and security logistics, I'm surprised no one saw this coming.
    It's good to see though that sometimes a low-tech "surprise" can thwart the best laid plans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13507338
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Billions of $ allows the US president to go anywhere anytime unhindered... except in Dublin

All that expensive technology stopped by a $1 worth of mild steel .... love it.

Here it is in full Technicolor http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13507728

Should we buy him a bike ????

john
    John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

I got a kick out of him and Michelle attempting to down a (real) Guinness, It did not show if they finished it.
      I wonder it that was a first for them??
      Max.

Comment

Originally posted by jugs
        Should we buy him a bike ????

john
        His cycling coach; (Does Obama have a bicycle czar?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXU7...eature=related
        Jim H.

Comment

After seeing the Beast attempt a 3 point turn outside 10 downing st, maybe they should make an Austin Mini version.
          Max.

Comment

Did anyone notice how that front wheel sucked up into the wheel well? It doesn't appear that the front wheels have any down pressure on them. I wondered if it has torsion bars like chevy pickups and they broke when they hit the concrete, but they would be inside of the framework or body I would think.

It doesn't appear that it went over the bump hard enough to break anything though.

Comment

I didn't know the Prez has a Mexican Low Rider. I guess the hydraulics wouldn't work.
              It's only ink and paper

Comment

I wonder how the car got in there in the first place. Or the load on the way out was too heavy?
                Mike
                WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Alright, high-sided

Come on guys, get out and rock it!

Comment

did anyone notice how thick the front door was?
                    mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Well in all fairness that limo handles like an APC,that much armor under the hood increases the turning radius quite a bit.

Now,as to you residents of the Isles,thanks a lot!You guys couldn't keep him over there longer?We need a break over here Maybe at least until 2012?
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I cant believe he is on vacation...again, and this time to visit his "ancestral home." I think that one is stretching it quite a bit.
                        "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Originally posted by justanengineer
                          I cant believe he is on vacation...again, and this time to visit his "ancestral home." I think that one is stretching it quite a bit.

He is not the first President to do that in Ireland.

Comment

Many Presidents took vacations on the taxpayer's dime. A recent incumbent took weeks at a time his first term.

Comment

Said on one news channel last night, that the armour plate was 8 inches thick ...cant believe that ....youd need hydraulics to open the doors...the car would weigh in excess of 6 tons ..and wouldnt move.

all the best.markj

Comment

Working...
                              X