arbor press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arbor press

I recently acquired an arbor press- it's a model P-30, has a picture of a diamond on it, and otherwise no english at all, no manufacturers name, just some chicken scratch. No numbers to even guess at except for the 30.

Would it be reasonable to suggest that it's either a 3 ton or 3000 lb capacity?
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

It's reasonable to suggest that pictures would help. We need to see the size and method of actuation at the least.

Comment

Of course- what was I thinking More pictures, less words- I'll get one on here tomorrow.
      I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

we want pictures Now!! we want pictures NOW !!OH why are we waiting Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by darryl
          Of course- what was I thinking
          You weren't

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Oh, did I say 'thinking'- I meant drinking Going down to take a pic right now.

[IMG][/IMG]

The bottom die has been welded to the base to make it a single-purposed tool- don't know the name of the process, but it was used for punching holes in plastic laminate.

Here's a hockey puck sitting on it for size- puck is 3 inches across

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
            Last edited by darryl; 05-27-2011, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Maybe 1 ton?

Regards,

Brian
              There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Comment

To me it looks like a 1/2 - 1-ton press.
                Mike
                WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Roughly translated it says

"Made by Blue Diamond Silk Flower and Tractor Factory"

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

That's good, John. Do they also make rice cookies and power steering pumps?

Comment

what a motley collection of tools in the background darryl, but judging the size in relation to the tools I think 1/2 ton.
                      It's only ink and paper

Comment

why would it show a red diamond if it has anything to do with blue diamonds?
                        It shows sir John knows nothing about colours. Alistair
                        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

The writing is in blue

Comment

Why do you need to punch a hole through a hockey puck?
                            Gene

Comment

I need the puck to look more like a doughnut to remind me to take a break now and then

Indeed, that's a motley collection of tools- that's kind of my 'catch' bench, where cutoffs go, etc. I purposely did NOT clean it up for the photo

As far as the press- I guess I'l call it a 1 ton and try to keep its uses within that range.

Comment

Working...
                              X