Good metal polishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good metal polishes?

I have some Brasso and Turtle Wax metal polishes.

I've heard Simichrome, Mother's, Maas, and some others are very good also.

What do you folks recommend?

Thanks,
    Dan

For aluminum either Brasso or Mothers aluminum polish can't be beat.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

If you really want to get into polishing, check out Brownell's www.brownells.com and investigate what they have. Their "Gunsmith Kinks #1" book goes into great detail about metal polishing.
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Nevr-dull works pretty well, also.
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

I know there are many newer and technically superior products out there, but do any of you Englishman know if "Goddards Glow" still exists?

A couple of us bike enthusiasts here in Australia have been looking for it for some time without success. My last tube (bought in the 1970's) is all gone. A mate of mine still has a tiny bit left in a tin that he keeps for nostalgia reasons - we all have a sniff of it when we visit his place.

You couldn't beat the smell of a shiny Triumph or BSA engine warming up after being polished with Glow. Ah, what memories!

Chris
          Brisbane Australia

Comment

You could ask them:

http://www.goddards.com
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Semichrome is a good polish.

Comment

rottenstone can polish metal, but better grades of polishing media are marketed by Grobet are powdered ruby, and tin oxide. Then of course there are also the Clover compounds and similar products from Carborundum. Don't forget crushed diamonds in those itty-bitty tubes.
                gvasale

Comment

I've had good results with Autosol. Most motorcycle shops carry it. Also some of the better auto centers.

Comment

Working...
                  X