Kasenit gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasenit gone?

There has been some discussion about Kasenit lately and I had been trying to find some with no luck so far, lots of places list it but they all seemed to be out of it. I thought I had some coming from Brownells but was informed today that they could no longer get it so I checked with Enco and found it has been discontinued and no longer will be sold by them. I called Midway (a shooting/gun supplier) and was told that indeed Kasenit is out of production, they have exhausted their supply and they can no longer get any more. So I guess it must be true that Kasenit is gone and if anyone has any it probably will be the last of it.

Has anyone used "Cherry red" ? Is it the same thing and does it work as well?

McMaster shows they can ship Kasenit today. So, probably have some stock. I only tried the small can.
    DJ

Comment

Did you try Noland Supply?

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/sho...t=47811&page=3

Cherry Red is also case hardening compound, but it's a different formulation and I've never used it.
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
      X