Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Practical Machinist Needs Your Input! NOT !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practical Machinist Needs Your Input! NOT !

what a badly written survey...

asks weather your an amateur in the first few questions ..then goes on to assume you're a pro.

all the best.markj

I saw it, got sucked into it. So at the end I commented to get rid of the Gestapo (Milacron) and the site wouldn't be bad.

Comment

Yep! I did the same with the survey email as I did with the board; trashed it! It's one thing to have disagreements, that's life in the adult world, but I have better things to do with my time that read people being outrageously rude or belittling others. Too often it was no more than a pissing contest as to who had the biggest/most expensive/most American machine. What a shameful waste of resources as there are some seriously knowledgeable people there.

Pete
      Last edited by PeteF; 05-29-2011, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Well considering that the "Gestapo" aka Milicron, aka Don owns the site... his time & money ...his rules.

PM is a great site, lots of folks willing to provide info, you just need to know how to ask.

v/r

Mike
        Mike Hunter

www.mikehunterrestorations.com

Comment

You nay sayers need to find another forum. One that appreciates your particular talents.
          Last edited by Forrest Addy; 05-29-2011, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Its a rough play ground - but the wealth of information is not replaceable

Comment

Personally I love PM and think there are few sites on the net with that wealth of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately I choose not to get on there much anymore because of Don. He tends to belittle others and insist that they havent read a question/post correctly simply because they dont give the answer he wanted to hear. I have nothing against the site otherwise, have always played well within his rules, and have gained quite a bit of knowledge because of it, so thank you PM.

I too completed the survey and left a comment that I think the site would be greatly improved without Don's commentary.
              "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Originally posted by justanengineer
                Unfortunately I choose not to get on there much anymore because of Don. He tends to belittle others and insist that they havent read a question/post correctly simply because they dont give the answer he wanted to hear.
                That exactly why I never go there anymore!
                Plus getting posts locked or deleted if the name of a R.O.C. machine is named.
                Max.

Comment

I no longer post on PM, I check the site once in awhile as there is some really good people with a vast ammount of experience. I'm not and never will be a pro machinist. Don and I think both of us are A-holes. One of us is right.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by MaxHeadRoom
                    Plus getting posts locked or deleted if the name of a R.O.C. machine is named.

It can be a pisser if you don't read the posting guidelines Milacron has put up.
                    As mentioned...his site/his rules. Deal with it!

Rex

Comment

I quit visiting the P.M. forum over a year ago. Don's a-hole attitude towards people asking 'stupid' questions, or mearly mentioning 'chinese' equipment got old.
                      This forum is much better, and geared towards the HOME MACHINIST.
                      Although our O.T. topics can get outta control at times.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteF
                        Too often it was no more than a pissing contest as to who had the biggest/most expensive/most American machine.
                        In all fairness, it's usually a pissing contest on who has the rarest, most expensive Deckel. With pristine paint.
                        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by justanengineer
                          Personally I love PM and think there are few sites on the net with that wealth of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately I choose not to get on there much anymore because of Don. He tends to belittle others and insist that they havent read a question/post correctly simply because they dont give the answer he wanted to hear. I have nothing against the site otherwise, have always played well within his rules, and have gained quite a bit of knowledge because of it, so thank you PM.

I too completed the survey and left a comment that I think the site would be greatly improved without Don's commentary.
                          exactly. makes me want to give him an ice-water enema just reading his responses !

Comment

Originally posted by rode2rouen
                            It can be a pisser if you don't read the posting guidelines Milacron has put up.
                            As mentioned...his site/his rules. Deal with it!
                            Rex
                            I have dealt with it, including his petty ignorant answers.
                            I exercised my right not to visit the site.
                            Max.

Comment

I visit 4 sites for metalworking content
                              Here
                              Pm
                              Metalillness
                              Chaski

Each is unique and I go there for that reason. I would miss any one of them. Seems silly to 'cut off your nose to spite your face' because your feelings were hurt. (speaking generally, not directed at anyone specific) I took advantage of the feedback option, more sites should seek feedback
                              Last edited by plastikosmd; 05-29-2011, 12:29 PM.
                              "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

Working...
                              X