Milling machine Home.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milling machine Home.....

Finally got it home and after lots of pushing and pulling I set it in the yard waiting for a temporary shed until it gets to the basement.

It is the perfect size for my use and not that bad to load. The trailer (3,700 lbs capacity) did well with the body and the table, ram and vertival table support came on the Chevy pick up with no problem.

Happy with it, since it was like a Christmas present. $117 (with tax) for the mill and under $200 to bring it home.

Too bad I just bought a used Allen Bradley VFD (0.75 HP) since I could have looked for a 3 HP since it is more likely the mill have such a motor (3 phase)

It does not have any wear that I could detect before taking apart. In a high school probably was mostly used for demonstration than real work.

We bent the hell out of the trailer fenders...but it can be fixed.

Wilson G.
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...June_04001.jpg
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...June_04004.jpg
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...June_04006.jpg

Congrats Wilson, i am suitably impressed! When you started here saying you were concerned how you were going to move it and that you were a senior I was a bit concerned that this would end well. Then you go and disassemble the the thing and lay it sideways on itsy bitsy trailer like it was a backback.

what did you do when you younger - take them home on the subway?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver
      Congrats Wilson, i am suitably impressed! When you started here saying you were concerned how you were going to move it and that you were a senior I was a bit concerned that this would end well. Then you go and disassemble the the thing and lay it sideways on itsy bitsy trailer like it was a backback.

what did you do when you younger - take them home on the subway?
      McGyver: You made me lough real hard...LOL..... You are very close since I was 72 just a few weeks ago but somehow I always manage to kind of accomplish the tasks at hand and safely!!! That is very important to me!
      A good friend ( on medical retirement) gave me a good hand. It rain cat and dogs while we dismantle the thing all he time in a storage yard.. I was cold, hungry, wet up to my smallest part.

It took me now one full day to unload by myself (with a big CASE 1949 tractor( and set it on the ground.

Next fest will be to get it in the basement (I am considering to make a shed and leave it outside since I am 72 and my sister would be really left with some task to sale the house with that beast in the basement).

When I was young I did machine shop work but on low tech places. Newest machine was 1920' and for tool bits I used many times pieces of old files.

I routinely move heavy stuff since I shop BIG trees in the property and have to take them to the Sawmill by hook or by crook. Many times I get the tractor stuck and the only thing I have is time, chain, and a couple come-along for 4K pounds. It makes an interesting day!
      Thanks, Wilson G.
      Prior to the tractor coming in the picture...like to ones building the pyramids:

After getting the tractor was a piece of cake....14"x14"x19' oak

Comment

Hi Wilson,
        Good to see you got it home safe, but a bit of a miserable day to do it on.
        It looks to be in good condition and should give you many years of service.

You remind me of my 90 year old grandfather in that you will get something home, or move it any way you can. Even now he still brigs things home in the family sedan, which my grand mother is not impressed with, LOL

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X