This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT..sort of...gas prices going down, they have us where they want us

I noticed today that gas prices in our area and the surrounding states have gone down 30 cents, in our area from 4.01 to 3.71. The economic news channel also mentioned this nationwide trend, and is acting thankful. Many drivers are also feeling thankful I guess. I am going to guess the new acceptable gas cost will settle around 3.59 to 3.65 in the near future, I guess I will be thankful as well, but long for the days of 2.90 gas last winter.

I guess they have us where they want us.....
    CCBW, MAH

It's holding even here where im from (colo.)

real close to $3.73 gal

really has not dropped yet

today I was going to experiment with my TPS and my exhaust pyrometer and air fuel mixture gauge just for the hell of it - maybe see if I can melt a hole in another piston or two

Comment

I guess they have us where they want us.....
      .... for the time being. In that case, they've had us where they want us (dumbed-down sheep who won't put up a fight) for quite a long time now.

I say "for the time being" because I'm pretty sure they won't be happy with it for long. The corporate motto after all is "More is always better". I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years we will be talking about gas being "back down" to under $10/gal.

It's a good thing I'm pretty antisocial in general. Since I am fortunate enough to live pretty close to work and don't have friends to go visit after, I'm saving money there and feel for the folks with long commutes.

Comment

If any of you guys really want to stick it to the oil companies, I have a horse for sale.

Steve

Comment

wanna see gas prices fall? just start talking loudly about selling your GM truck and buying a suzuki ****box, or a hybrid, or motorbike.

Here in BC, gas prices skyrocketed a few years back to $2 a liter.
          Everyone just started TALKING about buying more efficent cars.. most not getting around to buying them.. And magicly the gas prices drop back down to $1~1.20 per liter (exact price depending on the week, phase of the moon, and how well the gas company CEOs did on thier last golf game)
          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Uh, uh, they haven't dropped here in Kaintuck.
            It's only ink and paper

Comment

For as long as I can recall the price of fuel has been something like 50% more in the EU than it is in the US. Guess what, not too many F150s or any other "I must have one because ..." V8s getting around there. Sure are a heck of a lot of diesels that get 1000 km on a tank though.

Is there a message there

Pete

Comment

The fuel prices ticked me off so much that I went out and bought a moped/scooter. I figure that it will pay for itself in 3 years, if I drive the same amount of miles that I do now.

I'm sorry, gas is just not worth $4.00/gal, I don't care if you use the new math or not (lol).

There are many thoughts on why the price is being pushed up, one of which is to push the cost of gas up to that of what an alternate fuel would cost. This would make the alternate fuel more cost effective to manufacture. Nothing gives the bang per buck as gas.

Comment

AS we lose our control over the Arab world gas market? I suspect "other" purchasers will level the price world wide.. Big markets opening up in Asia.

We as americans have had it real good for a long time, most people just didn't know it or appreciate it.
                  Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Thank the Chinese and Indians. They are starting to use gas like, well, Americans and the supply is getting smaller. Increasing prices for fuel and everything else is going to be a way of life from now on.

6,500,000,000 and counting, no wonder everything costs so much.

The recent gas prices have had a lot to do with instability in the middle east and when is that ever going to go away.
                    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by PeteF
                      For as long as I can recall the price of fuel has been something like 50% more in the EU than it is in the US. Guess what, not too many F150s or any other "I must have one because ..." V8s getting around there. Sure are a heck of a lot of diesels that get 1000 km on a tank though.

Is there a message there

Pete
                      Ya,they are being soaked for taxes big time.
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

In my area in Canada gas has dropped but only by around 4-5 cents per gallon.
                        Still up around $5.90 per gallon.

I really believe the big companies play a game with the consumer Re:

Gas this week is for example say $3.50 per gallon.

They raise the price suddenly up to $4.00 per gallon.

After a bit the public is getting pissed and they drop it back again to say $3.75.

Awwww, now it went down so the public is happy,, --BUT they're now getting still more for it than the past week!!

The price going up and down like a toilet seat,, makes one kinda suspiciuos to say the least!!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteF

Is there a message there

Pete
                          I don't think that those cheaper operating smaller diesels you are referring to will pass our emission standards over here, if they did I think we would import a lot of them.
                          James

Comment

Double post
                            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

its no where near over yet expeced oil prices are supposed to double or trippel by end of summer and the for so will the price of gas go really nuts, over 80% of the price of gas is tax, tax out all that tax an gas would be 23 cents a liter, they do the same to ciggerettes and our food prices as well. dont expect things to get any better at all its only going to get worse and its all part of brining the US and canada to their knees so the new dollar can take over,

once completed then the the rest of the world will comply, gota love the goverments we put in power, crooked tourble making jack asses it what they are,

if out goverments would mind their own dam business and learn to support their own people and stop getting into wars that are also none of their dam business then things is this world would be alot better,thanks to all the BS and canada now getting involved we are now in a no better position then the US when it comes to being hated and targets for terrioest's gota love the canadain goverment now eh ,

Comment

Working...
                              X