X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipyard machine shop photo.

A large lathe and planer in this one.
    THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Hey, why is Forrest walking around that stuff? Must be an auction, huh?

Comment

"Man, I just know I left my safety glasses around here somewhere! I hope the safety guy dosn't see me!"

Comment

"Son of a bitch!Where did I put my calipers?"
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

That is probably the foreman looking for the machinist that is supposed to be running that lathe. In a shop that big there are lots of places to hide.
          To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I had a nap once inside the wing tank on a C-130 Hercules (fuel bladder removed).
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

But what about the C130?

--jr
              dvideo

Comment

???

Comment

You mentioned having a fuel bladder removed, I was just curious what was being done to the C-130? :>

--jr
                  dvideo

Comment

About the most difficult job possible, replacing the wing spars. It is a high wing military aircraft so to protect systems from ground fire all are run through the top of the aircraft, meaning through the wing. All hydraulics, wiring and anything else had to be broken and respliced after the repair. Yuck.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dvideo:
                      You mentioned having a fuel bladder removed, I was just curious what was being done to the C-130? :&gt;

--jr
                      </font>
                      Having a fuel bladder removed does sound painful, is that like a gall bladder?

THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

it looks to me like the planer is so close to the beam that the tool can't be raised to full height.

Comment

BFHAMR:
                          Don't worry, some pointy haired boss was telling them "don't worry we'll never see stuff that big ever!" Ass-sight, I mean HIND-sight is a beautiful thing - or so countless pin-heads have told me.

Comment

It just dawned on me that if I had that very shop the first thing I would have to do is outside work,so that way I would be able to afford pieces of metal big enough to fit my machines
                            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

This is a picture of the Main Machine Shop at Newport News Shipyard. The building is still the same but the equipment has changed.
                              -Finese is using the right size Hammer

Comment

Working...
                              X