Hamilton Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton Mill

Hi I am a "newbie" to all of this and I bought used a Hamilton Mill (made in Baltimore, Ownings Mill I believe). It is missing a part name unknown, (told you I was new to all of this). I will send digital picture upon reqest. I build, from gunsmith grade parts, .45 automatic pistols, and plan on maybe small brass blackpowder cannons and steam engines from kits. Would I be better off with a new piece of equipment or can anybody suggest a good used part location?? I can be safely classified as interested but ignorant on this type of equipment..

Hamilton Associates Inc
    11403 Cronridge Drive, Owings Mills, MD 21117
    (410) 363-9020

They don't still make the machines but may have parts?
    I doubt it.

Good luck.
    mite

Comment

Hi Rockin'Ron,

Welcome to the best BBS in town, just along the corridor you'll find the gorilla's (please do not feed!), out back you'll find some Ozzies, and a Kiwi. I'm a Limey, so I'm in the little house, the other side of the pond (when you get out of the town limits!)

As for your Mill ..... why not post us a picture here on the BBS, so we can suggest what can be done about it?

RR

Comment

Hey,
        Told you to post a picture! See you at the cabin fever show. Fred

Comment

Consider making cannons in the 1â€‌ bore range there may be a market for that size. I have an one inch bore cannon, this thing is a blast to shoot.

Comment

I whippe dup a quick web link with a few pictures....

at:

http://mysite.verizon.net/ronruben/

Comment

Turn the headstock around the other way and add the missing cross slide and you will have something like a round bed Drumond Lathe.
              To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Go to Tony's lathes www.lathes.co.uk
                Look under Hamilton Lathes Maryland. It is a combination lathe and horizontal mill. Interesting, I've never seen one.
                Jim H.

Comment

Thanks for all the help... finding the missing pieces promise to be fun.....

Comment

Working...
                  X