Good USA product:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good USA product:

Back awhile ago i came across a bunch of Recipricating saw blades that looked great and USA made.

The blades are carbide tipped 3 tooth to the inch and labeled "NITRO" by "Century drill and tool" from Green Bay Wisconsin.

Appears via Google the company is still in business,,, The only reason i,m posting this is these are the very BEST saw blades i,ve ever found 3Tx1in widex 6in long, the package states they make them up to 12inch long.

No affiliation with the company,, these are just darned good quality blades if anyone is into any renovation etc.

Century Drill and Tool isn't a manufacturer. They retail products that used to be made in the US but are now imported according to thier web site.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Re: "Used to be made in the USA",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

These blades state they are made there or were made there, think they are around 14 years old but new still in the package.

No surprise to me or i suppose anyone else they are now all offshore!!!

The great transformation continues,, move across the ocean. sad.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch
        The great transformation continues,, move across the ocean. sad.
        It's not just the US, all the industrialized nations are outsourcing to China. You can't afford not to. Magna International, Canada's largest auto parts manufacturer, has outsourced almost all it's manufacturing to China. Record Vise went bankrupt, got bought by Irwin (an American company), and was outsourced, Harrison and Colchester are made in China...

Germany and Switzerland seem to be the sole exceptions in the G10 outsourcing fad. I don't know if that's because they're culturally more focused on quality, or if their business models are less focused on short term gains at the cost of brand value.
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Been noticing the name "International" after the company name on a number of things, getting quite common.

Comment

Germany is having the same problems, and is looking to eastern Europe as well as China for lower cost suppliers. Does this mean that one day we shall have a worldwide minimum wage? Bob Fisher.

Comment

Magna International, Canada's largest auto parts manufacturer, has outsourced almost all it's manufacturing to China.
              So what are 74350 employees in Canada doing? They are the 5th largest private employer in Canada.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Out

They are looking for jobs or soon will be, just like in the US.
                Bill
                I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

just my 2c

The topic of what is still made in the US has come up a lot and it seems that you always have to either know someone that works there or google the company to find out if it is a "made in china" product with a Made in USA sheep skin.

This came to mind we launched the Proudly South African campaign here a couple of years back.
                  I think it was firstly to inspire nation pride and secondly to minimize imports and strengthen our economy.

Now we have the Proudly South African sign on all products made in SA.
                  The company that makes it has to register to use the sign and prove that they don't import the stuff.

It could be a good idea for all countries.
                  Just food for thought..
                  Kobus
                  If you are using violence and it does not work, You are not using enough or it is upside down.
                  You can always just EDM it...

Comment

We have something similar up here, called, unsurprisingly, "Made in Alaska".

It was, as I understand it, originally to help "certify", for want of a better phrase, authentic Alaskan native works. Today it's applied to anything, of course, made in Alaska. I was going to apply to use the logo on my books and other products, but the permit costs something like $600 annually.

So I drew my own polar bear logo.

Doc.
                    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Working...
                    X