OT $100 Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT $100 Cobra

Anybody looking for a Factory 5 Cobra cheap? Local Canadian College is raffling off
    one, tickets are $100 each. It's brand new.

http://www.vcc.ca/cobra/

Does it come with an armed guard? The street lifetime when parked is probably less than 15 minutes.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

And the accessory parts are made from billet.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
        Does it come with an armed guard? The street lifetime when parked is probably less than 15 minutes.
        True, but why would you want one of those parked?
        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Because if it is moving you are going to get a ticket.

Comment

Sorry Evan I've had mine on the road for over 9 years now and have never got a ticket, I'm not saying that there have been times that I've not deserved one, just because that they can go fast doesn't mean that you have to go fast. Mine is relatively mild it has a 302 cu in V8 with a supercharger that makes about 425 HP and I get about 22 MPG cruising between 65 and 80 MPH . It was blast building it but my employees told me to stop being so anal about things that can't be seen but I didn't listen. And after that chicken farmer sued Factory Five and lost we don't call them C*****'s we call them roadsters.

Comment

I used to have an AC Bristol for a while when I was young, among many other English vehicles. The AC Bristol was what the Cobra was built from. It was a lot quicker than the Healy 3000 "lead sled".

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                I used to have an AC Bristol for a while when I was young, among many other English vehicles. The AC Bristol was what the Cobra was built from. It was a lot quicker than the Healy 3000 "lead sled".

Hmmmmmm..... If I recall correctly the AC Bristol was a Bristol engined version of the AC Ace and the AC Cobra was a Ford engined version of the AC Ace, so really the ancestor of the AC Cobra was the AC Ace.

(Cue, American version of the history of the Cobra.... )

Comment

I have one of those in my shop right now with a long list of things to fix. very fun to drive, but my triple e foot hits all the pedals at once, makes pulling it on the rack interesting.

Comment

One of my neighbors (a retired doctor) had one of those for a while. Every couple days, he'd take the cover off, back it out of the garage, and wash it. Then he'd drive it slowly through the subdivision, faster around the block, slowly through the SD again, park it in the garage, and cover it up.

I never saw the car outside the block. I think he used his souped-up red Porsche 911 when he wanted to go somewhere out of earshot with his house.

The curious thing was that his wife would be out pushing the lawnmower around the yard while he was playing with his car.
                    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Almac Cobra

My friend Alex has made hundreds of these cars..

http://www.almac.co.nz/427sc/427sc.htm

He told the story of delivering one that he had completed for a client, he had to drive over the Rimatuka Hill road in a wet and windy day and was thinking with amazement that he had somehow managed to sell such an uncomfortable and thoroughly impractical vehicle to someone for NZ$80k!

Comment

Ya want comfortable and practical buy a Hundai Sonata.
                        Going fast in a hot car is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetBuilder
                          And the accessory parts are made from billet.
                          LOL, at least the whole car isn't, like Larry's
                          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Speaking of lead sleds here is one that I built for the head of a local hospital. But this one is not very heavy as it is a kit built on a VW chassis but it also is not very quick as I couldn’t talk him into anything bigger then a 1500 cc engine. Still it is a fun car to drive.

All leather interior, Birdseye maple dash, and oh yes hand turned billet control knobs made from solid walnut.

Comment

Nice, but it sounds like a VW.

Comment

Working...
                              X