OT: Business Card spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Business Card spam

Every day, sometimes more than once a day, this "500 business cards for $1.99" crap comes. Any effective way to stop it? Thanks, gvasale
    gvasale

add sender to blocked list or add sender to spam list

Comment

Use an e-email program with spam detection. I use gmail which literally catches 99.99% of spam. I have had maybe 2 get through in the past year. And those where then caught by Apple Mail.

Comment

+1 on the gmail spam prevention. Best darn spam filter in the business...

Comment

Originally posted by gvasale
          Every day, sometimes more than once a day, this "500 business cards for $1.99" crap comes. Any effective way to stop it? Thanks, gvasale
          Well, you could buy the cards, then you'd get to see what else they've got.
          Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Comment

I get the same mail so being as I was almost out of cards I thought I'd take a look. The one I get is legitimate the only problem is the 'deal' that they present to you is not much more than printing on a stock card, anything else just adds to the total. Marketing I guess.
            gbritnell

Comment

Originally posted by gbritnell
              I get the same mail so being as I was almost out of cards I thought I'd take a look. The one I get is legitimate the only problem is the 'deal' that they present to you is not much more than printing on a stock card, anything else just adds to the total. Marketing I guess.
              gbritnell
              Never EVER go to a website that has spamed you. Its retards like you that keep spam going!

ffs, 100,000 e-mails sent just because ONE retard clicks em and follows the damn link. Even if you don't buy from the site, the damage is allready done.

Congradulations for being the cause of 100,000 more spam messages that the rest of us have to filter. Hope your inbox gets flooded with a torrent of a billion spams.
              Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

I guess it's been a rough day for you, Black Moons.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP
                  I guess it's been a rough day for you, Black Moons.
                  Yes but thats still no excuse for anyone to click spam. Why do you think its still around? Are business stupid enough to pay time and time again for advertising that does not work at all? No, Somebody clicks, And hence its that somebodys fault for the 100,000 spams sent just to get one guy to click.
                  Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

True. Frankly, I think it's time for a federal response to the spam, adware, malware, etc. that reached the point of being totally out of hand. A few a**holes thrown into a jail and heavy fines applied to a few companies might reduce the amount of those who are willing to play this game. Generally, I'm against such government intrusions, but this is a case where they might be helpful (unless the feds decide to go further into controlling Internet content).

Comment

Black Moons, while I agree with you wholeheartedly - and I take it to extremes - the idea that more than 10 percent of the population has any idea of what you're saying doesn't hold water.

90 percent of people just do what they're told, follow the ads, reply to the spam though the letterboxes. We now have regular postmen delivering crap spam through the letter box. It's so demeaning, inefficient of human resources, intrusive... need i go on.

But logical argument, and commitment to a better world, means nothing, zero, zilch to most folk. There's no point. ARRGGHH !!!

That's better. Got it off my chest.
                      Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

rohart: Ugh, My 60 page 'newspaper' ... is an INCH THICK! with flyers. several pounds I think.. almost hurts my wrist carrying it in

Then after counting the pages, Less then 1/3rd is news, rest is MORE ads.

So, For 20 pages of news I did'nt ask for, they are dumping 300 pages of crap in my mailbox -_-

Comment

I get told I won them free, then when you fill in a large form giving away all your personal details ,you find out there free okay but the cost of delivery is more than the cost would be anyway.I am used to this so apart from my name and address I always fill the other stuff with crap anyway. if I can be bothered at all which is very seldom Alistair
                          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Gee Black Moons, I'm sorry you lost the cup but chill out.
                            gbritnell

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Moons
                              rohart: Ugh, My 60 page 'newspaper' ... is an INCH THICK! with flyers. several pounds I think.. almost hurts my wrist carrying it in

Then after counting the pages, Less then 1/3rd is news, rest is MORE ads.

So, For 20 pages of news I did'nt ask for, they are dumping 300 pages of crap in my mailbox -_-
                              So instead of clicking on spam, you pay for it?
                              Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Comment

Working...
                              X