O.T. Mower Idler Pully Bearing Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.T. Mower Idler Pully Bearing Replacement

Lawn mower deck was tearing up the back of the drive belt. Checked the flat idler pulleys. One bearing froze up. The other bearing rough. Tried Tractor Supply. They did not have the right idlers. They were also $15.00 each.
    Checked the bearing number 6203-2RS. Went through my bearings. Found 2 each. Drilled out the punched rivets to 1/4". Replaced the bearing and bolted the two pieces with 1/4" bolts. Just tried mowing worked very well. Saved the money and used up the bearings bolts and nuts. The lower cost bearings off E-Bay should work fine. I would not put expensive bearings in this application unless you happen to have them.

In my case the bearings siezed and the pulley disintergrated. Two 6203 2RS bearings and a chunk of aluminum to make the pulley and off and running. Simple stuff like that is a piece of cake for us. Fixed a few of the neighbors ride ons the same way. Nice to be appreciated and nice to hear the "Holy cow that was fast". Peter
    The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

I have done that several times over the yrs., with one difference, instead of bolts, I just rotate the holes a little and spot weld though one of them.
      James

Comment

J.Randall thanks. That is a good suggestion as well.

Comment

Working...
        X