Digital Photo information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Photo information

I have a photo here taken around 2003 / 2004 but because the pics / folder has been copied over from computer to computer the stated date is quite current.

Is there a program that can tell what date it was originally taken ?

I have seen pictures listed with what camera, etc, etc but don't know which one it was .

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

What version of Windows are you using?
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

If your camera stores EXIF metadata (most do), you can read it with several image viewers.

Here's a free online version:

http://www.addictivetips.com/interne...-image-online/
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Right-click, properties - summary - advanced.

Or use an exif tag reader.
        Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
        Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
        Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Another free, very popular one is IrfanView (pronounce "EarfanView"). It's been around a long time and is updated frequently. Highly recommended.

http://www.irfanview.com/index.htm

-SD:

Comment

Oh dear not doing very well here.
            Tried Peters right click and properties and got

Created on 23 June 2011
            Modified on 30 May 2011
            Last accessed 23 June 2011

How can it be modified before it was created ?

Went to Lazlo's online site and got pages of info on what camera etc etc but no date ?

Evan running Windows 7

[EDIT]

SD,
            You win a prize, anything off the bottom shelf.
            I use Ifran view as my main viewer Ii find it very quick and after looknig for the info button all was revealed.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Created is the time and date that file was created - i.e. copied to it's present location. 'Modified' is carried-over with the file from location to location so remains un-changed.

EDIT: Just to add - if you set the folder to show 'details' in the folder view, then choose view - choose details you get a big list of attributes to show and one of those will be 'date picture taken on' so you can filter the photos by date taken.
              Last edited by Peter.; 07-01-2011, 04:46 PM.
              Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
              Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
              Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                Went to Lazlo's online site and got pages of info on what camera etc etc but no date ?
                John, old boy -- on that link I sent there's a big block of text labeled
                "
                Online EXIF Viewer
                "

Or just click here: http://regex.info/exif

Click the button on the second row that says "Choose File".

Or just send me the damn image...
                "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Yep, that is why I asked about the OS. Win 7 can access the EXIF data for any image that contains it and list it along with the other details.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokedaddy
                    Another free, very popular one is IrfanView (pronounce "EarfanView"). It's been around a long time and is updated frequently. Highly recommended.

http://www.irfanview.com/index.htm

-SD:

Does it actually DO anything?

I tried it, and every time I wanted to DO anything, it said the "outside program" for that was not present...... Like editing...... it wanted to know what outside editor I wanted to use..... I had thought it WAS one..... silly me.

it got deleted.

Keep eye on ball.
                    Hashim Khan

Comment

It is a file viewer and format converter. That is what Paint Shop Pro started out as too.

Comment

Jerry,
                        Yes it's a nice small program and very fast, not as powerful as other but I prefer this over Painshop Pro as PSP takes ages to load, Ifranview load at the click of the mouse.

If I need to do some editing then it's an early version of PSP probably the same as Evan uses as the later versions are total bloatware but for just looking at pictures this IV is very fast and simple.

When you down load the program look for the addon pack and download that as well, this is probably what was missing from when you had a look?

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers
                          Does it actually DO anything?

I tried it, and every time I wanted to DO anything, it said the "outside program" for that was not present...... Like editing...... it wanted to know what outside editor I wanted to use..... I had thought it WAS one..... silly me.

it got deleted.
                          As others already said, it is meant for viewing and light editing (cropping, resizing, watermarking etc.) and batch processing of images (very fast at that, too). I generally use it for batch jobs where I have hundreds of photos and I want to resize them to have one side for example 1024 pixels.
                          Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

Working...
                          X