awesome webpage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome webpage.

alright I dont have much info on the wepage, I just remember seeing it, and I have'nt been able to find it again ever sense, the page was a guy's home shop, and he had every cutting tool you can amagine, he also had a cnc taig, really nice setup with his computer next to it on the bench, he had really nice high quality pictures of all of his tooling, I cant remember much else about it, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this page or know's how to find it? it is a really cool page with tons of great pictures to look at, (really high quality pictures) any help would be awesome, Thanks.

Is it this one?

http://www.micro-machine-shop.com/me...nstruments.htm
    Jim H.

Comment

You must mean the OCD's delight ;-) Actually I'm jealous and only wish I could be so organized.

http://www.micro-machine-shop.com/
      "Work hard. Tell everyone everything you know. Close a deal with a handshake. Have fun!"

-- Harold "Doc" Edgerton

Comment

ya that is one of them, it is a great page, lots of great tools, little overkill but still very nice, but I still think I saw another one somewhere, I think he had darker lit, and really close up high def pictures of lots of tooling, maybe its this guy, I'll look more on his sight.

Comment

ya maybe it is that guy, I'm not sure, beleive it or not I think there another page out there, that has as much stuff and picture as this guy, thanks for the help.

Comment

That's a lot of equipment to keep clean and shiny ..

Well i suppose he has else nothing to do, but keep it clean and shiny (poor sod) ..since the only thing, it looks like he's made with it all, is a double acting hit and miss engine .

expensive engine!

all the best.markj

Comment

"mensuration" = pompous

Comment

I think he means Tiffies page of posed shots ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by tdmidget
                  "mensuration" = pompous
                  means wrong time of the month to me.

all the best.markj

Comment

wow I was just looking at that guys sight, he has 18 vises that I counted, thats crazy 4 or 5 ya maybe, but 18, holy cow you can hold alot of stuff with 18 vises.

Comment

That Parlec vise he shows an animation of being trammed,must have a half thousanth high spot in the center of its jaw.

I really didn't need to know the specs of the Rong Fu mill drill,or the 9" lathe.

Yes,an awesome JOB of putting up a web page,but about what?

Comment

Originally posted by gwilson
                        Yes,an awesome JOB of putting up a web page,but about what?
                        It's about having more stuff than the other guy. It is not about having the ability to actually use the stuff better than the other guy, because I don't recall seeing any cool finished projects like yours, George. In fact, there's only a couple of the hundreds (thousands?) of well-lit, sharp photos that show any evidence of chips.

Comment

yeah once again everyone wants to jump on some guy they're never met and who's just having fun.....the guy's obviously into collecting and displaying tooling/tooling, a great deal of it is very nice and he's done a good job with the pics. I don't find fault with that or feel the need to criticize, we all get our kicks in different ways many of them not practical. Besides, he's a Phd in engineering, worked in aerospace and weapons systems and has dozens of patents and pulished scientific articles...doesn't sound like a knuckle dragger

Comment

You might take a look at Max's Robot Shop. This guy is amazing: truly a Renaissance Man: mechanical engineer, does incredibly complicated electronic projects, like a LIDAR (Laser 3D Imaging Scanner)!, and has done some of the most incredible machine work I've seen.

The web page is awful, but it's worth the trouble:

http://www.users.uswest.net/~kmaxon/...achine_137.htm

Wheels for his Sojourner robot designed to run autonomously around a dirt obstacle course, like a mini DARPA Challenge:

Here's a page describing the machining and electronics work that went into the wheels:

http://www.users.uswest.net/~kmaxon/...bot117_137.htm

These are the parts for one wheel:

Last edited by lazlo; 07-10-2011, 12:12 AM.
                            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver
                              yeah once again everyone wants to jump on some guy they're never met and who's just having fun.....
                              You're right. Someone had just pissed in my corn flakes and I was feeling a bit like lashing out at for no particular reason. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X