Sheep shearing machine is usable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheep shearing machine is usable!

I got the computer installed and loaded the program I made for the Logo. After a couple of glitches I got it working to my satisfaction.

All the neccessary functions work. Tomorrow I will make the holder for the actual shearing machine and if all goes well I will shear some sheep on Wednesday!

So either we have nicely shorn sheep on Wednesday or a big cookout!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

*\o/*

Congrats! Been a long road. It's gotta be good to see the payoff.
    ----
    Proud machining permanoob since September 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest
      I got the computer installed and loaded the program I made for the Logo. After a couple of glitches I got it working to my satisfaction.

All the neccessary functions work. Tomorrow I will make the holder for the actual shearing machine and if all goes well I will shear some sheep on Wednesday!

So either we have nicely shorn sheep on Wednesday or a big cookout!

Glitches? How long are you going to be eating lamb now?

Comment

Glitch - you get sheared instead of the sheep. Please have some stand by with a camera in case of your demise. I'm sure you'd want us to see it !

Good luck.
        Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

Come on guy we want pics... in fact we want video

Comment

May I suggest a mild tranquilizer? For the sheep. Beware though, sheep tranquilizer is deadly to humans even on skin contact.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

The sheep will not need tranquilizers, they are prey animals and will quietely resign themselves to their fate.

Comment

they are prey animals and will quietely resign themselves to their fate.
                So are cattle but I have seen a white Charolais bull destroy a small copse of trees when he got bit on the ass by something.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                  So are cattle but I have seen a white Charolais bull destroy a small copse of trees when he got bit on the ass by something.

Quite a different situation. Once a sheep's feet are off the ground they will, mostly, cease struggling.

Comment

Does standing on rising mechanical platform count as "off the ground"?

Comment

Despite having personally shorn more sheep than most people see in their lifetime I recognise you doubtless know more about them than I do and therefore respectfully resign from further discussion on this matter.

Comment

I will ask anyway. How often have you introduced them to an entirely foreign machine that clamps them in place while lifting them into the air and then dumps them on a table? While I have not shorn any sheep and have no plans to start I am pretty familiar with animals.

Comment

Give the sheeĆ¼ a tranquilizer to shear the sheep! That is a good one.

Do you think they give the sheep a tranquilizer to shear them in the conventional method?

My machine is less stressful to the sheep. No catch and drag to the shearing location. No wresling with the sheep to get it into shearing position.

I have already had sheep in the machine. Works very efficiently.

To give the sheep a shot before they enter the machine would require catching and restraining them. Then you poke them with a needle. That would certainly be more stressful on the animal.

My sheep are not pet sheep. They are quite wild and wooly!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                            I will ask anyway. How often have you introduced them to an entirely foreign machine that clamps them in place while lifting them into the air and then dumps them on a table? While I have not shorn any sheep and have no plans to start I am pretty familiar with animals.

My thoughts exactly Ev, And this is the guy that called me inhumane

definition of "jackwagon" ;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=jack%20wagon

( I wish I could but I can't take credit for this )

Comment

My machine is less stressful to the sheep

How do you know that? In my experience animals do not like machines. It doesn't fit their programming. They can become accustomed to them but that takes a while. Don't be too surprised if the sheep are very reluctant to cooperate. Further, it may train them to distrust other machines to which they were previously accustomed.

Comment

Working...
                              X