No announcement yet.

What gives with Cobalt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto the Epsom salts, salt water, HP and then - neosporin(sp?) seems to work wonders. Don't take finger infections lightly- lots of important, small, moving 'stuff' in them.

Comment

Originally posted by macona
      I'd rather deal with the concertina wire swarf from SS than the billion little needles from milling hardened steel. I dont know how many slivers I pulled out after doing the retrofit on my mill.

Oh god yes. Finish cuts on steel and the little invisible daggers of festering magnetically attracted pain that it makes are one of the reasons I don't get too excited about milling steel. My magnetic measurement tools all seem to be purpose built to deliver those into my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by photomankc
        Oh god yes. Finish cuts on steel and the little invisible daggers of festering magnetically attracted pain
        Same result when you grind weld beads with a carbide bur -- millions of tiny little needles.
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

You also get needles with 7075 aluminum since it is harder than mild steel.
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I would be afraid to put Nersportap on a tap to thread with------ it might make the hole heal up and break the tap. Brings to mind the next OBVIOUS use--------.
            mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Working...
            X