S10 occasional hard start-OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumped.............

I'm curious as to the cause of the problem. I'm still going to guess a fuel pressure regulator problem. Also keep in mind that a bad oil pressure sensor can shut off the fuel pump. Or keep it from turning on.

I would check the pressure side of the system. Especially observing what happens when the engine is shut off. The pressure should not drop.

And always be careful when loosening fuel lines on injected engines.
    Gene

Comment

I am going to fab up an adapter for the pressure side of the regulator and see what happens then. I just did not expect a fuel pump to intermittently fail after a year. Been fortunate with this truck and now get to relearn the basics again. Have to get around the "mysterious" computer part of the problem when it could be the basics. Thanks, will report back when done.
      mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Found correct bolt thread and sealed the return line, no rubber tubing to crimp closed. With pump on the system would not hold pressure without sealing the return line. Replaced the pressure regulator and problem has gone away,
        (until the next time.) Fuel pump pressure went from 10 psi. to 15 psi, so maybe that was the problem. Left the gauge on it for a week and kept checking it and system does not always hold pressure, but it starts like old times now.

Comment

Fuel pump...

Every chevy within 100 miles of me has had its fuel pump replaced because of random no start issues.
          Andy

Comment

If it happens again that's the only thing left.

Comment

Working...
            X