No announcement yet.

Aloris BXA - problems locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get new wedges from Aloris, I did that, then when wedges finally came in, I figured out that I had ( free to me, no tag on Toolpost and with a BXA toolholder ) a AXA toolpost and many BXA holders that I had bought while waiting for the wedges

End of story...had to buy an Aloris BXA and have an AXA Toolpost sitting around somewhere
    Walt

Comment

I fixed the link above - actually moved the files to photobucket so hopefully it will work.

Comment

Jeff, Not sure if this the problem but you have your tool post oriented incorrectly. This was discussed at length in another thread some time back, but I don't know how to find it.

If you orient the tool post with one dovetail on the left side of the tool post and the other on the side nearest the work then tool deflection will be against the solid part of the tool post and not the gib. I will try to find some pictures.
        Byron Boucher
        Burnet, TX

Comment

This is the correct tool post orientation. The gib is on the back side and the tool cutting force tries to deflect the tool holder downward against the solid front surface of the post .

If you roll the tool post 180 degrees and put a facing tool on the front or a turning tool on the right side of the tool post tool forces are applied to the gib, which is incorrect. If you rotate the tool post 90° counter clockwise an put one wedge on the back side of the tool post and one on the left side then you have the same incorrect application of force against the gib. Jack Daniels and I have had a long session this evening so I am not sure if this will sound coherrent in the morning. Hope this helps!
          Last edited by Boucher; 07-25-2011, 11:33 PM.
          Byron Boucher
          Burnet, TX

Comment

Removed double post
            Last edited by Boucher; 07-25-2011, 11:46 PM.
            Byron Boucher
            Burnet, TX

Comment

After looking at the photos, it appears that the tool post is worn out. Maybe ship to Aloris for repairs?

Comment

Working...
              X