X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this count as a fluid coolant system for a lathe

It's not really what I had in mind.

Not to self don't install a lathe under a hot water cylinder
    If you are using violence and it does not work, You are not using enough or it is upside down.
    You can always just EDM it...

You lucky b*sterd!!! You've got a genuine flood system!

Comment

OUCH!

No hot water tank over my machines, but I do have some plumbing up there. Now I'm all worried...

Comment

Reminds me of a time when we came back from General Quarters on the Coral Sea due to a fire in the boiler room. When they released the steam it filled the machine shop and all the machine tools were covered with a nice pretty coat of brown.

Comment

When I was a kid, we left the house for an afternoon trip. The bath was left running. When we got back water was dripping through the ceiling all over the piano.

We lifted the lid of the piano to let it dry out.

Big mistake.

Later in the evening the ceiling came down, into the open piano.
          Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

All you need is a pan under the lathe, and a pump to recirculate it.
            You lucky dog.

Comment

Flood Coolant

Yep - looks pretty handy. You may want to fit a shutoff spigot to the bottom of the tank though. It's kind of hard to read the mike with the coolant running over it.

Comment

Where's the lathe?

Comment

Was it the vacuum breaker?Those kwikot geysers are good for business

Comment

The photograph and the fact that I have never seen your water tanks before makes it somewhat difficult to understand for me but sorry to see you in trouble. Alistair
                    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by plunger
                      Was it the vacuum breaker?Those kwikot geysers are good for business
                      Seems like the internal tank started leaking..... Kwikot----pot snot
                      If you are using violence and it does not work, You are not using enough or it is upside down.
                      You can always just EDM it...

Comment

Working...
                      X