X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic motor. Video, idea, discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4hwqU1txAY&NR=1

I got a migraine.

Okay.. See the video, a Calloway Angular magnetic array, a traveling bar magnet. It propels it down the track, see it go... whoopie, what a toy.

See this in your mind, A flat leather belt, upon this belt, bar magnets sewed into a covering with magnets cross ways. Running upon two round flat pulleys, low friction bearings one end, coupled to Motor-generator other end.

A Vgate on both sides of the belt, on the "last" magnet, the curvature of the pulley "lifts" the bar magnet in the belt covering off the travel path at a angle, reducing the "draw off force required".

Supposition, the unit may not run "totally free".. but if it adds "forward torque" to a coupling in a "motor-generator" pair, it will add free power. Add in a flywheel to stop "stutter" at break off points for the bar magnets from the array.

Tools required, a industrial sewing machine, drill press.. possibly lathe.

Materiels, Lots of magnets, both "puck" style and bar magnets to place around belt array. UHMW to mount magnets into. Leather flat belt, fabric covering to carry bar magnets.

Cost?? (migraine medications do not count)

My first thoughts were for a "welded track" onto a chain.. there is way too much friction in a chain thou. Akin a robot track..
    Excuse me, I farted.

David, that's just the kid's "magnetic linear accelerator", AKA the "Gauss Rifle" that everyone was posting on Youtube 10 years ago:

http://scitoys.com/scitoys/scitoys/magnets/gauss.html
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

A nice nap cured the migraine, still got blurry vision. (previous knocks on head)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCr3lOhMJCg
      Don't discount so quickly. Roller Skate wheel, bar magnet operated manually. Should be reversed positions.

Is there anyways to "view" magnetic fields?? You could conceivably stack the bar magnets till the fields near overlapped.

THe "reasons" it can not self-propel is ... My opinion, the force required to separate the bar magnet is near equal to the forward force generated. Breaking off at a angle is the only way to minimize that. THESE "toys" that use cams to break the magnetic alignments the cam draws as much energy as the unit produces. Utilizing a pulley to rotate the magnet out of alignment is one way to "change" a toy into a productive device.

Did you know "people" played with paper gliders, toys that flew long before the Wright brothers flew a home-made man lifting Kite at kittyhawk??
      Last edited by Dawai; 08-09-2011, 01:01 PM.
      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawai
        A nice nap cured the migraine, still got blurry vision. (previous knocks on head)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCr3lOhMJCg
        Don't discount so quickly. Roller Skate wheel, bar magnet operated manually. Should be reversed positions.

Is there anyways to "view" magnetic fields?? You could conceivably stack the bar magnets till the fields near overlapped.
        paper and iron filings but this will never work there will always be a sticking point. I played about with things like this for a while, it good fun but thats all.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCLRWbF935k

Comment

The whole magnet thing is a no-go.

If you want to view magnetic fields there is this film:

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Magnetic.../dp/B000UV6ZPS

Comment

For one thing, the Perendev motor.. Supposedly it had a electric motor hidden on the "far side" of the video. It was in the right orientation, but utilizing "shielded directional" magnets? Supposedly... according to internet searches he landed in jail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4qjZocje0c
            A austrialian version?? supposedly operational? There are plans available.. but alas, also plans for anti-gravity devices.
            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

I have an idea: Drop the permanent magnet motor ideas, it will save you time, money and anger. Why? Because they do not work.
              Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

All the scientists on earth agree free energy does not exist.

The rest are not scientists.

Even if you COULD get energy outta magnets, It would not be more energy then was put in to make them magnets. (Ie, It would require actualy draining the magnetic field, And said field would not recover, making the entire device an over complicated battery)

Anyone who does not understand a motor connected to a generator does not equal a free energy device needs to be slaped upside the head with a book about thermodynamics, Reguardless how many magnets, propane tanks, or weird wound coils they put inbeween em.

If such a thing could exist, it would allready exist and be sold at retail stores.
                Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Yes heres a point, So.. since "all the other scientists other than Edison" could not invent a light bulb, it is proven that it is a bad concept. Okay, since "all the other inventors" who tried to make Manned flight a possibility and could not, it was a bad idea.

Probably explains why "nostalgic" cars are coming back into the showrooms... WE done done it all... Personally, if Nostalgia is my factor.. gimme a ford GT...

Where are the Dreamers? the people who grew up with "rocks and sticks to play with" and had to use the imagination?? Kids have toys that look like things.. I wanna go play with that guy who strapped "RC jet engines" to his boots and jumped..
                  Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Edison had the light bulb invented for him, Tesla invented the Fluorescent, others invented other light sources. But a light bulb does not violate the laws of thermodynamics which can be summarized:

1. You cant get more energy out of a system than you put in.
                    2. The most you can do is break even.
                    3. You really cant even do that.

There are certain things that just cant happen. No matter how much you wish the sun will not come up in the west tomorrow morning.

Comment

The problem with comparing the concept of free energy with both your examples is that all scientists accepted the light bulb and manned flight as possible, because they didn't require a violation of any scientific principles, it just needed somebody to come up with a viable solution.

Phil

PS: the successful inventors work within established scientific principles, not against them.

Yes heres a point, So.. since "all the other scientists other than Edison" could not invent a light bulb, it is proven that it is a bad concept. Okay, since "all the other inventors" who tried to make Manned flight a possibility and could not, it was a bad idea.
                      Last edited by philbur; 08-09-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Did I say this was "free energy??" No, but it may be borrowed from "one place" to another. Gravity is a constant till inertia overcomes it, MY current idea uses that to advantage.

Patents: Edison also Ripped Tesla over the adjustable brush idea for the dc motor-generators. (tune er in till she don't spark so much) Edison normally patented "his employees" work in his own name.

I'd say Tesla knew more about magnetic fields than anyone here on this planet today, his "beginning" transformers, wound the way they were, images a magnetic field. Mucho harder to wind thou. Wouldn't a coil collapsing magnetic field in the SHAPE of the field be more efficient?.

Tesla.. one of my heroes..
                        Has anyone followed up on his "earth transmission" without wires.. Using modern timing chips to replace the tuning forks-points?? Not that I am aware of..

Has anyone been working to develop more efficient transformers to replace all the ones on the poles today?? think what one percent would accomplish nationwide?
                        No, they make Competitive "Cheap to produce ones" which are not as efficient.
                        Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

I betcha Kevin...the Administrator at http://ontariometalmunchers.freeforhosting.com/ ...would be tickled pink if you posted this over there...

Comment

The thing with permanent magnet generators is this: Magnets are bipolar and are only going to exert a useful force to reach a moment of stability. Because of that, you'll never be able to make a small magnet hover in the air above a large magnet without continually applying outside forces.

Don't get me wrong, you could set some magnets up with a careful design and some mechanical bits to provide motion for a long time, much like a clock runs off of a spring or counterweight, but the net output will be slightly less than the net input. Similarly, connecting a generator to the output of a clock powered by a spring or weight isn't going to be a net win even for large values of clock. The reason is that somehow the weight or spring must always be reset by work from outside of the system.

Comment

Yes but you need to define and evaluate the scientific principle for (borrowed from "one place" to another ) first, then you can design the device to exploit it. Building devices based on flawed science can be a time consuming and frustrating hobby.

"I'd say Tesla knew more about magnetic fields than anyone here on this planet today" You can't possibly know this. I could equally say it is almost certainly incorrect.

Judging from you list of ideas it looks like you will be busy for quite a while.

Phil

PS: It will be free if you borrow the enegy from some where that doesn't require you to replace it.

Did I say this was "free energy??" .
                              Last edited by philbur; 08-09-2011, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X