Metal Cutting Circular Saws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wierdscience
    We've got he 8" Milk at work,I've used it to rip 3/8 steel plate,it's more accurate than a torch or plasma and you don't get nearly as much kerf pull out of it.

In the two years we have had it the price has come down.The one we bought cost us $380 they are down to $270 now.
    That's probably because it's made in China now. I was really irritated that I finally got around to buying a Milwaukee PortaBand, and they outsourced them to China 2 years ago
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

I used one of the original Evolution 7.25" saws for quite a while, very useful tool though the motor duty cycle was poor, eventually I burned it out.
      I'm currently using an 'own brand' version, cheap & nastily made but the motor has more reserves, when it falls to bits I'll look for another Evolution, maybe the 9" version.
      Not the cheapest way to cut steel plate, but I really appreciate the clean cut with minimal preparation to do afterwards.
      The original blades were often worth getting resharpened, but now they make them thinner & cheaper, they seem to fail completely after they get a bit blunt.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by gwilson

I just bought a used 8" Milwaukee metal cutting circular saw off of eBay.
        It will take up to 10 days to get here.

Will let all of you know how it turns out in case you ever have to saw
        similar stuff.
        First impressions ??

Comment

Ttt ...

Comment

Working...
          X