"shop towels" vs Brawny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "shop towels" vs Brawny

Have any of you tried those blue paper shop towels made by Kimberly-Clarke? If so, how are they better than the heavy duty kitchen towels like Brawny, etc.?

I use the blue ones sold at Autozone auto parts (also elsewhere but don't recall stores). Don't know offhand the brand (ie Kimberly Clark, or what). But I really like them. Very absorbent. Much more durable than any kitchen Ppr Twls I've seen.
    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Another plus occurred to me. The blue ones don't tend to leave fragments behind when snags are encountered. Don't recall any price comparisons, but to me they're worth at least twice as much.
      Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

The blue stuff is great. I frankly like to use shop towels that automechanics use in their garage. They are like industrial size Kleenex box so you can just keep pulling from top. They are tough, easy to use, absorbent, and economical.

Albert

Comment

The real difference is the fluff left behind, not just fragments.
          The blue ones are bound together is some way to leave less fluff and busted ends of fiber.
          Won't meet clean room or diesel pump requirements, but generally keep your stuff clean.
          Brawny etc drop fibers like shedding cats. Definitely not for cleaning bearings!

Comment

Blue...all the way

brent

Comment

They are called Kim Wipes up here. More expensive than buying cloth shop towels from Costco (at least in my experience). Used to use them when I rebuilt racing trannys - nice.

Comment

Working...
              X