Kindle format/e reader/PDF books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle format/e reader/PDF books

I came across this site, and it appears to be a good one, With lots of useful items/links.

When I looked at the internet archives list of formats, I noticed that they are now available in the Kindle format.

It is nice to have a large number of old school books and information together in one site that will be of use for the members of this forum.

craftsmanspace

Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Well in some further looking, No conclusions on which reader yet. Since when it is brought up the rabid Ipad/and other apple people just get to the point of it looking like they are paid by apple! Even when it is clearly stated that only a reader is needed. They seem they can't help themselves

Many books (free E books)

Project Gutenberg (free E books)

Open Library (free E Books)

Internet Archive (free E books)

Here are the 4 heavy weights, after google books. That you don't have to give your credit card info like Barnes & Noble to gain access to the free books.

There are a number steam, engine and metal working books on the sites.
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Now that's a fine set of links. Thanks o/
      ----
      Proud machining permanoob since September 2010

Comment

Working...
      X