• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 13 Unc Flange Nut

Also called TEC-41605

spare nuts for Bridgeport clamping kit

any sources cheap in the UK

all i can find is seller on ebay that want £9.80 for 6..free postage ..but for chinese things seem still high

or j£l industrial who want £1.20 each..and would be a special order from the USA

HMM when i don't want to pay that
    I would rather order something over 20 and get a deal.as i seem to loose them all the time .

Yes , i can get ordinary nuts by the bucket load ...but these flange nuts are meant for the job..thicker walled ..large flange ..hardened.

all the best.markj

No, I can't help with a supplier. But the nut you seek is a DIN 6331 nut, maybe that will help?

-
    Thomas

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back
    - Piet Hein

Comment

OK thanks Thomas

all the best.markj

Comment

You might try Travers Tool Co www.travers.com but the shipping charges will probably be prohibitive.

Or you could make a flanged nut yourself out of whatever you have that is equivalent to 1144 or 4140 or similar. The only slightly difficult part is indexing to get the hex.
        Last edited by SGW; 08-17-2011, 08:44 PM.
        ----------
        Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
        Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
        Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
        There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
        Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
        Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Get some M12 & run a tap through them? The cheap ones are probably not hardened.

Tim

Comment

What Tim said! I do it all the time, beats paying a fortune. I have a bucket full of M12 flange nuts leftover from my shed.
            Will

Comment

yep, m12 is almost the same ..

gives me another option ...when searching

not having a lot of luck through especially when googles still doing the returning to page 1 trick

thanks

all the best.markj

Comment

This is the only one i can find

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-M12-1-7...item1c154d391c

I've phoned up three UK companies ..the only ones that have them ..one wants £36 when i order 24 of them ..they are unc

another with...12mm ones want £1.20 each plus vat plus postage..that would turn them into £2 each

how is it that, these milling clamping kits are made in china/Taiwan ..

yet no one sells any spare bits and pieces for them.

all the best.markj

Comment

Try ebay no 150558140857

Tim

Comment

That would be ok if i had a linisher ..i could quickly get rid of the serrations .

will think about that one Tim ..thanks

all the best.markj

Comment

Not your neck of the woods, but easy to get here....

http://www.mcmaster.com/#hex-flange-nuts/=do91o6

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53
                        Not your neck of the woods, but easy to get here....

http://www.mcmaster.com/#hex-flange-nuts/=do91o6
                        and about as expensive

all the best.markj

Comment

It's $13.25 US to ship a small flat rate box from US to UK. It will take about 30 1/2" flange nuts. Here flange nuts cost about $1 each for import and $2.30 for domestic. Shipping cost per nut is in inverse proportion to the number shipped.

Maybe someone on this side of the pond will as a compensated favor buy them and ship to you.

Flange nuts are easy to make If you have one of those 5C collet block square and hex thingies to hex them on. Or an indexer.

http://business.shop.ebay.com/i.html...k&_sacat=12576

Maybe put that in the box too.

I've made about a jillion flange nuts and T nuts out of mild steel. I machine them, run them up to red heat , and quench them in cold water. Mild steel doesn't harden much but it will get a tough skin with a cold water quench. I don't draw the temper of mild steel at all. I use them as quenched. They hold up pretty well. Case hardened or alloy steel is better of course but that's more money.

And no, you don't want the nuts in the upper part of the Mc Master Carr linked above. Note it says "distorted thread". Great for aircraft when you want things to stay put. Not so good on machine tools where you change the set up a dozen times a day. Get the ones towards the bottom third of the linked page where it rerfers to "flange nuts for clamping" and goes on to explain how they are sometimes called collar nuts.
                          Last edited by Forrest Addy; 08-18-2011, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
                            That would be ok if i had a linisher ..i could quickly get rid of the serrations .

all the best.markj
                            What's wrong with using the lathe, face off then bang a tap thru ???

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
                              and about as expensive

all the best.markj

Just an easy example of a hardened flange nut. McMaster is always the most expensive. If I didn't have a bunch, I'd amble down to my local screw store...

Comment

Working...
                              X